Company: Beacon Grand Hotel
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Category: Kitchen Cook
Requisition Number: EXECU001050
San Francisco, CA, 94102, USA
Join our Team as the Beacon Grand reclaims its legendary status and
becomes a hub for The City's history makers once more. We are
actively searching for an Executive Chef. As the Executive Chef,
you will inspire, nurture, and refresh our culinary team, driving
self-motivation and energy into exceeding our guest expectations.
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and administering
the planning, preparation, production, and control of all culinary
operations in the Hotel's continuing effort to deliver a unique
guest experience with financial profitability. The above goals will
be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion, and
success of our operations through continual evaluation of the
products/services provided while insuring effective training of the
service teams. The Executive Chef will instill a strong atmosphere
of service excellence and will redirect performance as soon as
discrepancies are observed/experienced. The Executive Chef will
develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget,
achieving results through prudent management techniques and cost
control measures. This position will coordinate and oversee all
aspects and functions of the restaurants, banquets, and
- Direct and oversee all culinary operations, including, but not
limited to, production of all meals, food quality, and
presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards
and regulations, team member productivity and performance,
implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls, and
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation
and presentation which help to assure consistent high quality and
to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items
served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Evaluates food products to assure quality standards are
consistently attained; interacts with food and beverage management
team to assure that food production consistently exceeds the
expectations of members and guests.
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for
outlets/clients based on current food trends and regional
- Interact with guests, clients, and members to monitor and
assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and by following the
preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and company
health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Perform general management duties including systems management,
budget and forecasting, report generation, department management,
and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Monitor and develop team member performance by providing
supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting
counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and rewards
to your team.
- Place food and supply orders as needed; Receive products by
verifying invoices and freshness of merchandise.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities
for all kitchen staff, ensures that all representatives from the
kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining room when it is open to welcome and
greet members and guests.
- Active participant as a leader of the Hotel's management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- 8 years or more of progressive hotel culinary experience within
the Upper-Upscale resort/hotel/club, experience is a plus
- At least 4 years experience in a senior role in a culinary
- Proven leadership skills
- Extremely well organized and excel at multi-tasking
- Thrive under pressure
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and
- Have knowledge of service/food/beverage products in upscale
- Experience in executing consistent and high-quality menu
- High-level training and mentorship skills
- Management level food safety
- Must possess basic computer skills
- First Aid/CPR
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Culinary Degree from
accredited Culinary Institution preferred.
- At least 4 years' experience as an Executive Chef preferred, or
an executive-level position in a culinary environment highly
- All Food Handler Certifications required
- Generous Paid Time Off plan, up to Five Weeks per Year
- Part-time Employees are also eligible for PTO
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance after 30 days of
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Hotel Travel Programs
- Local Retailers Discount
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death &
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and Accidental Death &
- Voluntary Critical Illness, Accident Insurance and Hospital
EOE: Northview Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer
committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on any
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws
Keywords: Beacon Grand Hotel, San Francisco , Executive Chef, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!