KGO - Broadcast Systems Specialist
Company: ABC Owned TV Stations
Posted on: November 26, 2022
KGO-TV is seeking a Broadcast Systems Specialist; an individual
with a solid I.T. background that will be responsible for the -
installation, maintenance, and support of the entire I.T.
infrastructure at KGO-TV, with expert knowledge of the following
types of systems: -file/print/email, newsroom computer systems
(NRCS), server-based digital video and audio, non-linear editing,
production and on-air automation systems, graphics systems, and
their associated software and hardware infrastructure. The ideal
candidate will have several years experience providing IT and
Engineering support in a television broadcast environment with a
hands-on understanding of broadcast News and Master Control/On-Air
support at a medium to large market television station, using
Dalet, Ross Overdrive and Xpression, Imagine, or similar systems. -
The candidate must also be proficient with Cisco LAN/WAN switches
and routers with a proven ability in diagnosing complex systems and
be able to identify, troubleshoot, and remedy critical on-air
issues. - Excellent communication skills are essential to
understand users' requirements and provide training on new systems.
- Project management experience is desired. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: - The Broadcast Systems Specialist will be
flexible with their schedule and have the ability to undertake a
variety of roles by bringing a diverse skill set to our
organization. Primary responsibilities include the support and
maintenance of all station I.T. and Broadcast servers and PCs for
the main office as well as 5 remote bureau sites. - In addition,
the Broadcast Systems Specialist will be called upon to provide
solutions for a broad range of problems / tasks. The ability to
troubleshoot problems and adapt to new situations in a
time-sensitive environment is a must. Job Responsibilities
- Install, support, and maintain all I.T. related aspects of the
On-Air broadcast television environment.
- Create, configure, and maintain Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Support, deploy, and provide end-user desktop support on
Windows operating systems, interfaces, and utilities as well as
remote laptop support using Citrix and/or VPN connectivity.
- Create and maintain updated documentation and related diagrams
using Visio / AutoCAD.
- Maintain and troubleshoot MS SQL, Oracle, and MySQL
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain the integrity and security
of the network infrastructure and manage the network firewalls,
switches, and routers.
- Ensure all computers and servers are kept protected from
viruses by ensuring the definition files are kept up to date and
latest security patches are applied to all systems.
- Must be "on call" to troubleshoot equipment problems at any
- Establish, post, and update maintenance and current operating
procedures for station technicians to follow.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively with other department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned. Basic Requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience using Cisco IOS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and
- A positive attitude towards a flexible schedule, strong
attention to detail and a customer service focus.
- Firm grasp of project planning and implementation with the
ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid troubleshooting methodologies that apply to the networked
Server / PC environment and standalone workstations. -Know how to
work through unfamiliar situations by immediately identifying the
relevant facts to solve the problem quickly.
- Solid understanding of Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Solid understanding of IP subnetting and networking
configurations including DHCP and DNS.
- Support experience with remote access products and
- Firm understanding of authentication methods to MS Active
Directory, client/server authentication.
- Knowledge of programming and command line scripting.
- Understanding of video streaming technologies and
- Experience with Solar Winds or similar software desired.
- High school degree or equivalent Preferred Education:
- A degree in Information Systems / Technology / Broadcast
Engineering field or minimum (5) years of related work experience.
Keywords: ABC Owned TV Stations, San Francisco , KGO - Broadcast Systems Specialist, Other , Diablo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!