Trades Specialist - San Francisco
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description TRADES SPECIALIST
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the
world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.
Stanley Black & Decker -is a world-leading provider of tools and
storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening
systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of
sustained profitable growth. Currently, our Global Tools & Storage
Division is searching for a results-driven Trade Specialist to lead
all phases of operations across their stable brands within U.S.
markets in California.
As an excellent Trade Specialist you will be the consultative sales
partner to the largest End Users (contractors) and trade unions.
You will need to lead the local effort to forge a service-oriented
relationships with large General Contractors, Trade Unions, Trade
Associations, and Owner Enterprises in order to generate a
preference for Stanley Black and Decker products and services.
As Trade Specialist you will need your team to generate interest in
the brand, uncover customers' needs for application-based solutions
and training, and provide outstanding service in connecting the
customer to our distributors and service centers. The result of
your work is to move the End Users in your region from "Awareness"
to "Loyalty" to Stanley Black & Decker.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (Business Management or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales or distribution sales
experience with experience selling to high-level executives,
C-Suite, and jobsite directors.
- Capability to meld empathy with a rock-hard determination to
achieve outstanding results.
- Must have the ability to build relationships and work
effectively with all levels of an organization to drive strategy,
influence owners and generate revenue.
- Skilled at building and aligning a team to the overall
strategic plan of the group and holding yourself accountable for
the failures while giving credit to your team for the successes.
- Ability to collaborate with the appropriate internal team
members to resolve problems that arise with the end users in your
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of managing and executing a budget
for your region to stay within the developed forecast and
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and use of
Scope of Responsibilities
Sales & Client Engagement
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues business opportunities with
- Responsible for maintaining close relationship with existing
users, new prospects and with distribution sales representives
- Develops demand and sales of products and services by
investigating and resolving customer problems, recommends
modifications to the product/service line, and coordinates sales
negotiations with appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for meeting sales volume and revenue goals and
standards for activity, such as number of sales calls, new product
introductions and training events.
- Manages CORE and other SBD user contracts and programs for user
- Maintain and use SalesForce.com as a CRM and Planning tool.
Communicate successes and failures in a timely fashion to develop a
more streamlined process and future for success with key accounts
Leadership & Communication
- Teach and mentor your local market team on the process of End
User development: who to contact (trade associations, safety
personnel, engineers, quality managers, general managers, line
supervisors, chief mechanics, purchasing, etc.), how they execute
the purchasing process (central and facility), and how to align
their efforts with the local market teams, product managers, local
distributors, and service centers
- Coordinates and partners with other departments to implement
-#LI - RL1
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest
growing and most dynamic companies. -SBD, a Fortune 200 company -is
a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial
electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique
growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
- Requisition Number94941BRBusinessT&O - RetailNo. of
Positions1EEO StatementAll qualified applicants to Stanley Black &
Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, San Francisco , Trades Specialist - San Francisco, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!