Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire in the world, we
don't have a location requirement for this role. However, your
working hours must overlap with Pacific Time or Eastern Time for at
least 30 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
As an Implementation Lead, you will have more responsibility and
growth potential in helping us shape and build a new team than at
any other comparable company. You'll be tasked with reducing the
time to value for customers by providing white-glove service to
deploy and configure Sourcegraph primarily via Kubernetes and
Docker Compose within customer environments. You'll be working
front and center directly with customers, in collaboration with
internal teams, to lead customer engagements for deployment of
Sourcegraph into customer self-hosted environments. Our include
gigantic enterprises and fast-moving startups; all are dedicated to
technical excellence and improved developer experience.
Within one month, you will---
- Start building a trusting relationship with your peers on the
Customer Engineering, Support, and Delivery teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers,
our team, and our processes.
- Learn about our deployment methodologies, options, best
practices, and limitations.
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest
(fortune 500) customers to understand their technical challenges
Within three months, you will---
- Work directly with Sales and Customer Engineering to lead our
customers to technical success: troubleshooting, debugging, tuning
and configuring Sourcegraph deployments.
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various deployment
architectures with customers in their own environments.
- Educate and enable technical admins within our customers to
successfully configure and subsequently maintain their environments
through best practices.
- Help optimize internal customer success metrics by partnering
with technical admins and users.
Within six months, you will---
- Collaborate closely with Product on what you observe and learn
from customers to drive product improvements in the
- Work closely with Sales and CE to improve the overall customer
- Iterate on existing processes, templates, and tools to better
service our customers.
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented technologist
who shares and has a passion for leading customers to technical
- You have an organized approach to work, with demonstrated
ability to proactively manage multiple customer deployments
- You can identify issues and opportunities as well as identify
solutions to solve both internal and external problems or
- You are able to useyour skills to provide solutions for
customers to identify shortcomings and opportunities to share this
experience internally with the product team
- You have experience managing customer deployments on their
behalf: maintenance, upgrades, monitoring and performance
- You have experience interacting with internal product teams,
informing feature prioritization based on customer needs.
- You have strong experience with containers and container
orchestration (such as Docker, Docker Compose, ECS, Kubernetes,
- You have experience providing hands-on deployment guidance and
best practices to customers
- You have scripting experience (such as in
Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Python/Go/Perl) either for addressing ad hoc
requirements or for automation needs.
- You have working experience with a range of customer
environments and complexities: from the enterprise where they might
be running OpenShift in a data center with very tight security
concerns to startups running on more modern architecture.
- You have previous experience in technical implementation or
solutions architecture are a plus.
- AWS Cloud Architect and/or Certified Kubernetes Application
Developer (CKAD) certifications are highly desired.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you
can read more about in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of
steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are
designed to help you get the information needed to determine if
we're the right fit for you--- Interviewing is a two-way street,
- Intro Conversation Stage - we have initial conversations to get
to know you better---
- [30 min]
- [30 min]
- Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in
more depth and introduce you to members of the team---
- Technical Assignment
- [60 min]
- Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where
you will gain a better understanding of our business and values
- [30 min]
- [45 min] Leadership Panel
- And that's it! Please note - you are welcome to request
additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but
didn't get to meet during the interview process.
- We make you an offer!
Keywords: Sourcegraph, San Francisco , Implementation Lead, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!