Company: Side by SIde
Location: San Anselmo
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:Since our founding in 1895 in Marin County as an
orphanage and through subsequent years as Sunny Hills Services Side
by Side has been at the forefront of best practices in child
welfare, working with the most vulnerable youth in our community.
Today, Side by Side operates in four counties Marin, Alameda,
Sonoma, and Napa across the Bay Area, reaching nearly 2,000
children, young adults, and family members per year with
much-needed services related to behavioral and mental health, early
intervention in schools, LGBTQIA+ support, transitional housing for
foster youth, and special education.
POSITION OVERVIEWSide by Side seeks a thoughtful, detail-oriented
and analytical individual to support the Development &
Communications department. The Development Specialist reports to
the Director of Development & Communications (DoD) and manages key
aspects of the fundraising program including gift tracking and
acknowledgement, donor data analysis, donor and volunteer
relations, implementation of print fundraising and communications
initiatives, and the administrative aspects of SBS's special
The right candidate is someone who shares a passion for making
mental health care available to all and is highly-organized, has
excellent communication skills, and enjoys building relationships.
Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high
degree of independence and juggle various projects at once, while
maintaining an exacting attention to detail.
This position is full-time with at least three days a week spent at
the San Anselmo headquarters and has the option of working remotely
up to 2 days a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management of Raiser's Edge (SBS'
donor database) including gift tracking, timely and customized
donor acknowledgment, in-depth analytic reporting and related
stewardship activities. Responsible for creating and implementing
best practices with respect to data organization and maintenance.
Provide training and leadership to other members of the development
team in gift and data entry. Interface with accounting and finance
to ensure accurate and monthly reconciliation of gifts and other
- Assist in preparation of the annual fundraising strategy (e.g.,
direct mail, online giving, special events). Manage all direct mail
and communications materials produced by the Development and
Communications department including appeals, event-related
materials, and newsletters. Interface with vendors/contractors
including graphic designers, printers and mail houses as
- Assist in coordination of responsibilities among the
development staff, the CEO, Board Development Committee and other
staff and volunteers, as appropriate. This includes administrative
support for meetings and other activities of the department staff
as assigned by the DOD.
- Provide data analysis of appeal performance on a monthly basis
to the DOD and proactively offer suggestions for fine-tuning appeal
strategy based on that analysis. Manage donor database records and
set-up to better support this effort.
- Manage holiday gift program that benefits Side by Side clients
including maintaining relationships with partner organizations,
solicitation of new partners for the program, liaising with program
staff to obtain client wishlists, compiling and dispersing holiday
wishes to partner organizations, and oversight of gift pick-up from
partner organizations and distribution to program staff.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous nonprofit development experience of at least 1-2
years. BA degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office with at least 1 year of experience
and general facility with donor database or CRM software
(preferably Raiser's Edge)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and an
ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong professional writing, editing and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work with
donors, board members, staff, volunteers, vendors and contractors
and a flexible personal style that enables the candidate to
interact amicably with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Willingness and ease in soliciting support (in-kind and cash
gifts) from individuals, corporate sources and foundations
- Valid California driver's license, reliable personal automobile
for use on the job, insurable by SBS' insurance policy based on DMV
record, and personal vehicle insurance
- Please note that the COVID-19 vaccination is mandated for all
Side by Side staff, except in the cases of approved medical or
religious accommodations.SALARY INFORMATION
This position has an annual salary range of $64,000 to $70,000
depending on experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to use the telephone, computer keyboard, or mouse.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of
working in an office or client environments. COMPENSATION &
- 3 weeks paid vacation for F/T employees.
- 2 weeks' sick leave for Full-Time employees working 40 hours
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 100% employer-paid Medical for F/T employees
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance up to $9,000 per month, plus
$50,000 Life and AD&D insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Professional development and other learning opportunities
including unlimited access to over 1,000 behavioral health courses
- FREE Employee Assistance Program including up to 10
complimentary personal counseling sessions per problem, per year
for staff and dependents
- Employee recognition program with $1,000 bonus awards
- Employee referral bonus of up to $1,000 Note: The California
Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued new requirements for
health care and congregant care facilities to decrease the risk of
COVID-19 outbreaks. Based on the CDPH public health mandate, all
candidates for positions at Side by Side must provide proof of
vaccination. Side by Side will consider applicants with ADA and
Title VII exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
Side by Side provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Side by SIde, San Francisco , Development Specialist, Other , San Anselmo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!