Company: Quantitative Systems
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Quantitative Researcher We combine quantitative research,
software engineering and rigorous scientific investigation to build
credit portfolios that produce strong and consistent yields across
business cycles. - - We are a small team of fewer than 15 with a
diversity of ideas and backgrounds applying machine learning,
software engineering and rigorous scientific investigation to
revamp the lending and securitization space. Every member of the
team has a major impact on the company's success, and gets to see
their contributions working in the real world. Building good
financial forecasting models is extremely challenging from both a
technology and research point of view. We are based in San
Francisco, close to Caltrain and BART. We deeply value intellectual
curiosity, creative idea generation, and close collaboration. We
offer above market equity and cash compensation, and generous
benefits including paternity and maternity leave policy. What you
bring to the table
- A high level of mathematical and statistical literacy, and an
intense interest in applying quantitative analysis to do first
- You should be a good scientist. -You need to know when you have
something and when you don't, you cannot be fooled by
- You must be comfortable and enjoy working with data. -This is
the lifeblood of our business, your hypotheses start there and your
testing ends there.
- You should be creative. -You will be coming up with original
hypotheses to expand and refine our understanding of the world, and
a framework to validate them.
- You must be comfortable writing code. -Nobody will be doing it
for you. -The better you are at it, the more efficiently you can
explore the model space and find winning ideas.
- Research background devising novel approaches to solving
problems and applying them to real world data to achieve robust,
- Knowledge of finance is cool - but in no way a requirement.
What you'll do
- You'll investigate data, construct a hypothesis, and think
deeply about the results. -After several iterations, you will
discover something new. -Instead of writing a paper, you will
actually apply your ideas in the real world and see them
- You'll need to care more about analysis being correct then
achieving a p-value below 0.05.
- You'll collaborate with a group of colleagues with a variety of
backgrounds in a process of scientific inquiry.
- By honestly and openly reviewing others' work, and having your
work reviewed by them, you'll be a guardian of the research process
- We're using ideas across multiple disciplines: computer
science, machine learning, statistics and biostatistics including
survival analysis, supervised learning, natural language
processing, imbalanced data, feature extraction and selection, and
many, many other areas.
Keywords: Quantitative Systems, San Francisco , Quantitative Researcher, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!