Company: Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Why Work for Us Are you ready to use your experience and
expertise to make an impact on patients' lives? Astellas Gene
Therapies is a biotechnology company developing new genetic
medicines for rare, life-threatening diseases. We are working
urgently to progress our medicines and need additional team members
to help us do so. Because our mission is so important, our values
are to: Be BOLD: Find a Way, Care Deeply, and Get Stuff Done. If
you'd like to be a part of this important mission, please apply to
join our team. About Astellas Gene Therapies Astellas Gene
Therapies is developing genetic medicines for patients with rare,
life-threatening diseases. Based on our innovative approach to
developing genetic medicines, as well as our industry-leading
internal manufacturing capability and expertise, we have become the
Astellas Center of Excellence for the newly created Genetic
Regulation Focus Area. We are currently exploring three gene
therapy modalities: gene replacement, exon skipping gene therapy,
and vectorized RNA knockdown, with plans to expand our focus and
geographic reach under Astellas. We are based in San Francisco,
with manufacturing and laboratory facilities in South San Francisco
and Sanford, North Carolina. Our Values:
- Be BOLD (Find a Way)
- Care Deeply -- for our patients, each other and our work
- (Get Stuff Done) What is the catalyst for you in your
professional career? Are you ready to be a part of a bold,
innovative company, to make a change and to make a difference?
Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced,
and just plain nice individual who wants to join us and be a part
of our journey. The Role Reporting to the Senior Director of
Pharmacology and Toxicology, the Senior Statistician will provide
statistical support to Astellas Gene Therapy programs at all stages
of development. The successful candidate will directly impact the
discovery and development of AAV-based gene therapies by helping
design experiments, analyze data and communicate complex results
and their interpretation. The Senior Statistician will also support
technical operations projects by providing statistical expertise
for process sciences, manufacturing, and quality control. The
successful candidate will partner with other scientists,
clinicians, and external experts to advance transformational
treatments for patients with severe genetic diseases. Primary
- The Senior Statistician will contribute to experimental design
and data analysis in support of vitro and in vivo pre-clinical
- Perform power analyses, significance testing, equivalence
testing, multivariate statistics, confidence interval analysis,
parametric and non-parametric testing, etc.
- Serve as statistics SME for technical operations projects.
- Influence colleagues from all disciplines on the importance of
statistical design and methodology.
- Write the statistical sections of study protocols.
- Present statistical analysis to project and senior management
- Maintain a current understanding of statistical methods, as
well as the scientific literature related to the specific
indications being supported.
- Present results at scientific conferences and draft manuscripts
for publication at peer-reviewed journals. About you Must
- PhD in statistics with 2-7+ years of pharmaceutical or
biotechnology industry experience.
- Experience in the broad application of one or more higher level
programming languages such as Python, SAS, R, Minitab, or JMP.
- Experienced in statistical modeling.
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific skills, and a
demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate
- Understanding of biology and pharmacology principles used in
drug discovery and development.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively on
- Excellent oral, written presentation and communication
- Excited to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Models our Core Values: Be Bold: Find a Way, Care Deeply, Get
Stuff Done -- is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture
we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted Category
Global Development Operations Astellas is committed to equality of
opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including
Keywords: Astellas Pharma US, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Statistician, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!