Store Receiver - Full Time
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Performs receiving, accounting, and distribution operations
associated with incoming product deliveries for all store Teams.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values
and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and
initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and
safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties
required in the department.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures
for receiving all product entering the location, including:
* Verifying actual product against packing slips,
* Confirming product integrity,
* Checking product temperatures as needed.
* Stamps, initials, and codes invoices; logs invoices in receiving
journal; distributes to appropriate teams.
* Closes purchase orders in the proprietary store purchasing
* Distributes copies of processed paperwork to Team mailboxes and
* Follows up with vendors regarding accounts payable.
* Supports product Teams with accounting processes during inventory
and financial period close.
* Maintains Service Vendor Tracking System and obtains work orders
from visiting contractors.
* Codes and processes all store expense invoices.
* Ensures accuracy of store expense information in PeopleSoft.
* Maintains store accrual logs.
* Maintains baler, compactor, and all environmental areas in proper
working order; ties bales, calls for can pick up, and directs
service team to areas requiring attention.
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers
in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling
* Maintains or ensures maintenance of accurate department signage
* Maintains or ensures maintenance of a safe, clean, and
well-organized working and shopping environment.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and
regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation and
adheres to safe work practices.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations; communicates
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national
* Strong knowledge of store receiving, accounting, and distribution
procedures and policies.
* Working knowledge and application of all WFM quality goals, food
handling, safety, and other standards.
* Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
* Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft, IRMA, and Micro-Strategies.
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work
as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
* 12+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
pulling. Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, San Francisco , Store Receiver - Full Time, Other , Campbell, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!