Company: ROYAL ROBBINS
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Royal Robbins - Founded in 1968 by world-renowned climbers
Royal and Liz Robbins, Royal Robbins is a leading designer,
manufacturer and retailer of outdoor apparel. The brand has gained
worldwide recognition for its high-quality clothing and commitment
to environmental and social responsibility. It has built a
reputation of integrating the technical features of adventurers
seeking performance-oriented garments, but with the style and
comfort to cross over into everyday life. Royal Robbins' collection
of men's and women's products can be found in outdoor and specialty
retail partners throughout the U.S. and abroad. To learn more,
please visit .Summary:The Men's Designer reports to the Senior
Director of Product and supports the Product Team in accordance
with the company objectives and values. Creates and designs a
cohesive men's collection that embodies the Royal Robbins branding
vision. Collaborates with cross functional team members and global
partners to bring the line to market. Strong ability to work
closely with the Product Team and cross functional partners, both
domestically and overseas. Men's Designer should display strong
attention to detail and will enhance the quality of the brand with
designs that incorporate new aesthetics, performance, technologies
and trends that work with our branding vision, protecting brand
integrity and maintaining gross margin objectives.Key
- Research trends by way of online, magazines, market research,
trend services, inspirational shopping and trade shows. Works
closely with Women's Designer & Asst Designer to create concept
boards for color, print & plaid, and trend direction by
classification each season, twice a year. Presents at Concept
- Partners with Women's Designer to formulate a strong Men's
color palette seasonally.
- Collaborate with the Production & Sourcing Team, Merchandising
and Senior Director of Product to develop new fabrics and trims
each season, including the consideration of environmentally
important developments that embody the Royal Robbins
- Accountable for designing a seasonally cohesive Men's
collection around coherent themes that ensures the brands identity
while working within the line plan requirements and cost targets.
Presents collection bi-annually to leadership team, demonstrating a
- Illustrate all silhouettes using AI, in addition to creating
detail & construction sketches for clear understanding by the
factories. Create and maintain accurate BOM's and partner closely
with Technical Development to ensure a concise complete technical
package to initiate the sample process.
- Selection and preparation of print and woven textiles, this
includes creating millsheets and communicating art direction to the
mills. This is achieved by utilizing Adobe creative suite and
Aquario Software. Create original artwork for Men's graphic
- Participate in fittings with both the Senior Director of
Product and Tech Design to ensure the integrity of the fit and
design of each garment every season. Update sketches and BOMs as
needed post fittings to ensure clear understanding by all
- Communicate regularly with overseas and regional partners,
closely collaborating with Sales, Production & Sourcing teams, as
well as Merchandising to create the strongest product suitable for
the Royal Robbins customer.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure the product is best
represented in all marketing. Participate at seasonal Sales
Meetings, present the Men's Collection with the assistance of the
- Additional opportunities to work on other product lines, such
as accessories and undergarments.
- Track and manage workflow and ensure all deadlines are
- Travel (during non-covid times) internationally to work with
factories to develop accurate samples for Sales Meetings and
develop strong relationships with our key partners. Additional
International and domestic travel required for trade shows and
Sales meetings. Required:
- 5+ years of related professional experience in the apparel
- Bachelor's Degree in apparel or related field. Equivalent work
experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to curate and edit a product line. Strong eye for Men's
outdoor product and accessories.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to trouble shoot
problems and come to an agreeable and positive solution. Not afraid
to seek counsel if needed to resolve.
- Attention to detail and efficiency are essential.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate
demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high
level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with
the ability to meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of silhouettes, fabric (including print and
creation), color, trims, sewing techniques, costing and experience
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with Tech
Design, Production & Sourcing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, influence
and find solutions and minimize spin. Able to communicate across
- Ability to effectively present ideas and design direction to
groups that range from 5-50 audience members.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically Illustrator and
Photoshop. Knowledge of Aquario and Clo3D a plus but can also be
- Experience in Centric PLM or similar system a bonus, along with
a good understanding of excel, and power point. Nice To Have:
- A passion for the outdoors and adventure.
- Experience working with Outdoor Apparel product. Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, generous PTO accrual and Holiday
Keywords: ROYAL ROBBINS, San Francisco , Men's Designer, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!