Research Scientist 1 - DMPK Bioanalytical
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.Job SummaryWe are seeking a
highly motivated, experienced Research Scientist 1 - DMPK
Bioanalytical for our growing Discovery site located in South San
Serve as scientific team member conducting routine analysis of
small molecules and biotherapeutics in complex biological matrices.
Responsible for providing quantitative analysis, developing new
analytical methods and data interpretation of various biological
samples using LC-MS/MS and enzyme-based immunoassays.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, perform, and troubleshoot bioanalytical laboratory
experiments, tests, and procedures
- Function as the primary contact for the planning and execution
of Sponsor interaction related to research and method development,
and for the design, scheduling, conduct and reporting of
- Ensure raw data is accurate, complete and in appropriate order
to meet protocols and SOP specifications.
- Prepare high quality final reports appropriate for the study
including method development, qualification, and sample analysis
- Assist with the oversight of the laboratory and mentor junior
staff in areas such as protocol interpretation, method development
and refinement, study-related problem resolution, and technique
- Perform troubleshooting on analytical instrumentation including
chromatography and mass spectrometry systems.
- Aid in the development and communication of departmental
systems, SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- May attend and present at scientific meetings.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates in this position will:
- Very strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Capable of designing experiments, generating data and
interpreting results independently
- Able to provide basic level of leadership to junior research
- Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific
judgment in experimental design and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work
collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues at various
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
- Understand the importance of project timelines and be objective
- Understand general laboratory management and laboratory
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research
Scientist 1 - DMPK Bioanalytical position.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a
scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.)
or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years related experience in the
contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry. Minimum of
3 years of theoretical and hands on experience with mass
spectrometry and liquid chromatography is essential. Experience
with enzyme-based immunoassays and/or protein chromatography is an
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education
and experience listed above.
- Other: Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving
skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability
to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft -
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and analytical instrumentation
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful
development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74
preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past
17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive,
integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to
provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support
clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way
through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates
true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles,
and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, San Francisco , Research Scientist 1 - DMPK Bioanalytical, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!