Associate Desktop Systems Specialist at RingCentral
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Some people go to work.-- At RingCentral, you'll change the way
the world works. RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based
communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally
changing the nature of human interaction-giving people the freedom
to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on
any device.-- We're a $1.5 billion company that's growing at 30+%
annually and we're expanding our Information Technology (IT) Team
to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
- Implement IT solutions and processes working with IT Engineers,
IT Specialists and relevant vendors and/or internal RingCentral
departments to enhance and optimize the support provided to
- Works with Human Resources and internal IT teams to on-board
new personnel providing input into continuous improvement in the
- Provide Audio/Video conference support for onsite/offsite
presentations, events, and meetings
- Ensure RingCentral personnel's IT environment and
configurations are maintained and updated with regards to
technology and in particular security policies and company
- Assists in IT projects and working towards milestones.
- Provide improvement, and maintenance of IT Support services,
processes and procedures.
- Provide service and/or technology leadership owning the
direction and ensuring the roadmap of IT EUS
- Provide support for IT shipping and receiving
- Maintain Assets and Asset Inventory
- Follow standard ITSM/ITIL processes and procedures
- Provide support for day to day troubleshooting of IT EUS
related issues as well as move, add, change and delete requests
coming through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Ensure there is priority and focus on support for the VIP and
Executives in the company.
- Actively participate and be available for IT related
escalations as required.
- Participate in user/equipment moves, repair/maintenance/support
of IT EUS hardware (printers, PC's, accessories, VOIP phones,
mobile phones, A/V, etc.), software (MAC OSX, Windows 10, MS Office
Suite, Virus and Spyware mitigation, RingCentral Meetings,
RingCentral Glip , etc..), and applications (Office 365, Okta,
Google Apps/Drive, etc. )
- Ensure standards are in place and updated for PC configuration
of hardware, operating system, drivers, accessories, audio/visual
equipment, telecom, VOIP, desktop and mobile phones.
- Assist users in the operations of IT EUS hardware, software,
applications and services
- Maintain asset information and management of owners end user
- Assist in the management of vendors such as Internet Service
Providers, cable and satellite TV, networking and audio/visual
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with
owners and executives.
- Ensuring timely follow up and status updates until issue is
- Provide communications on all escalated issues to management
and other support teams. Document progress of escalated incidents.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in Information
Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- Ability to follow technical instructions and track completed
tasks as related to assigned projects
- Technical trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and
- IT Hardware and software troubleshooting experience preferred--
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting a mixed client
computing environment of Mac, windows, iOS, Android (iPad, iOS,
iPhones, MacBooks, Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops,
Android devices and related software like Microsoft Office Suite,
Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc. )
- Understanding or can quickly ramp up with with troubleshooting
and problem solving IT infrastructure services (Active Directory,
Networking, Servers) and Applications (Software as a Service
vendors like Office 365, Google Apps/Drive, Box, Confluence, etc.)
in relations to the impact on IT EUS services.
- Prefer experience supporting audio / video technology and
equipment (Projector, Conference room TV, PolyCom , Apple AirServer
/ AirPlay , Mixer, RingCentral Rooms, etc.)
- Prefer Experience using corporate MDM Mobile Device management
systems to support, image, and update client laptop and mobile
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs, carry desktops, laptops,
printers, misc. computer peripherals
- Must be capable of navigating a push cart or hand truck.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct
- Strong sense of urgency with an attitude of never giving up
until the issue is closed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrated analytics and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communications oriented skills
with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging support
situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced,
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and
- Strong documentation skills
- Time management skills required
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral's IT team ensures company data is accessible, secure,
and optimized in ways that provide maximum competitive advantage.
We are constantly discovering, developing and deploying innovations
that power productivity and drive better decisions for our
customers. Our IT professionals are talented, ambitious,
out-of-the-box thinkers who love to learn on the job-planning,
deploying and maintaining state-of-the-art technology to deliver
flawless performance 24/7/365. RingCentral's work culture is the
backbone of our success. And don't just take our word for it: we
are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work
Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major
location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining
great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral
offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the
ways we work and live now. About RingCentral RingCentral, Inc.
(NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications
and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video
Phone--- (MVP---) global platform. More flexible and cost effective
than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it
replaces, RingCentral-- empowers modern mobile and distributed
workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode,
any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in
Belmont, California, and has offices around the world. RingCentral
is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.--#LI-BH1
Keywords: RingCentral, San Francisco , Associate Desktop Systems Specialist at RingCentral, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!