Senior Business Analyst
Company: First Republic Bank
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 16, 2021
As a Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Business
Analyst, you will work with cross functional teams to lead business
requirements definition to successful completion, including the
discovery, analysis and documentation of business requirements,
process flows, use cases, and test and training plans within the
BSA/AML department. In addition to industry standard functions of
gathering requirements, writing requirements and leading UAT
activities within a Waterfall or Agile Software Development Release
Management environment, a Business Analyst is also responsible for
management, development, and delivery of communication materials,
training end users, updating model methodologies, and maintaining
business requirements documentation.
What youll be doing as an AML Business Analyst:
- Apply business analysis best practices; obtain, define, analyze,
prioritize and document business and system requirements, working
with cross-functional teams; and communicate requirements to
- Manage requirements and test cases in JIRA.
- Analyze customer and transaction data.
- Work with business users to document current state, pain points,
and future state.
- Facilitate testing, including drafting test plans and test
- Prepare data mapping documents and Traceability Matrices.
- Define and prioritize requirements to improve the BSA/AML
monitoring workflow, systems, and data interfaces; define AML
monitoring rules; document data transformation and mapping
requirements; document business and workflow processes; and
implement efficiencies and improvements to BSA/AML operations and
other department functions.
- Advise the solution provider, development, testing and production
support teams as needed, providing requirements knowledge and
- Continuously improve your subject-matter expertise in the
business areas being supported, in order to become a trusted
advisor to the business stakeholders.
- A bachelors degree or higher.
- At least seven years of experience as a Business Analyst or Data
- BSA/AML experience at a Financial Institution or Non-Bank
Financial Institution, or direct experience working with regulatory
models such as BSA/AML or Fraud.
- Experience with NICE Actimize, or other BSA/AML monitoring and
case management applications.
- Strong understanding of software and systems development life
cycles, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency with relational databases and the ability to write
and execute advanced SQL queries.
- Advanced experience with process and data flow creation, data
modeling, and business process improvement and innovation.
- Experience facilitating requirement gathering or joint
application design sessions for models.
- Experience working on projects with multiple data interfaces and
- Self-motivated and the ability to learn quickly and work
independently, with minimum direction.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, team building,
and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
- A commitment to be a team player and provide extraordinary
Keywords: First Republic Bank, San Francisco , Senior Business Analyst, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!