Senior Technical Program Manager, Mobile
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a
world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team
committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various
functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our
fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century
About the Senior Technical Program Manager, Mobile
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can Belong
Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we're looking to add
a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager
(TPM) to the team.
In this role you will be responsible for end-to-end release
management for iOS and Android applications by effectively
partnering with both the engineering and QA teams. You will monitor
and mitigate any post release issues, and provide transparency on
app stability and store ratings. You will also have an opportunity
to evolve release management tooling as well as expand to lead
mobile technology foundation improvement programs (e.g. logging and
- Manage and oversee weekly iOS and Android releases, effectively
collaborating with native engineers, QA and App Store
- Monitor releases for issues and ensure appropriate mitigation
plans are completed. Take point on Apple Appstore and Google
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our release
management framework and associated tooling
- Be the single point of contact for our Incident Management team
to support and triage escalated and emergency release related
- Work with the production design and marketing team on artwork
for featured releases.
- Improve app rating and stability by driving mobile foundation
- Influence mobile strategy and vision by providing mobile
focused insights and data to technical leadership at monthly
- Increase team productivity by removing obstacles and keeping
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration
within multiple parts of the organization who may have completing
- Provide visibility into key performance indicators so leaders
are aware of risks and opportunities.
- You have 2+ years experience in Release Management on both iOS
- You have 3+ years experience working with native app
development in any function.
- Passion for mobile development and scaling processes for
building on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience developing processes where few exist, and
demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed
solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the
challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and
work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by
using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to
prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment
where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with
minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people
skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Exhibit knowledge of Jira or other equivalent task management
- BA/BS degree, 7+ years experience in software development
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal
information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status
Keywords: Airbnb, San Francisco , Senior Technical Program Manager, Mobile, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!