Faculty Affairs Administrator
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic team that is
growing? Do you like to learn new things and be part of a group
looking for solutions? Then please apply for our open Faculty
Affairs Administrator 1 position!
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Faculty
Affairs Administrator I to work under supervision following defined
procedures to provide administrative support focusing on
transactions and processes for faculty. Act as a local resource for
the school or department on academic and faculty affairs policies
- Gather information for search initiations, search waivers,
reappointments, and promotions. Collect applications, and provide
administrative support to search and review committees; provide
advice on process requirements.
- Post job announcements, and distribute other outreach materials
to attract candidates.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of candidate visits,
including arranging transportation and accommodations, scheduling
meetings and interviews, and processing reimbursements.
- Gather all components of the appointment/promotion form, and
organize in compliance with guidelines.
- Maintain records documenting search, recruitment, and
- Assemble and draft materials for the appointment and promotion
- Process and track approved activities (e.g., sabbaticals and
other leaves, resignations, retirements, FTE changes), and maintain
appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist in coordination of visa process, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice Chair of Academic
- Provide administrative support to the DFA and Associate DFA as
- Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher
education strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University
Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Associate degree and one year of experience working with
administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Ability to balance and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to build/maintain strong relationships (internal and
external to the Department).
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain
- Experience with complex schedules and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and
clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value
for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use
and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently
sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above
shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl,
twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up
to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Occasional extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4171
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89444
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Faculty Affairs Administrator, Other , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!