Privacy Office Intern
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we
offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private
business banking and private wealth management. We believe that
personal connections are everything and our success is driven by
the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll
always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience at a high-growth
company that values its people. You'll earn a competitive starting
wage while absorbing a culture that emphasizes collaboration,
entrepreneurial thinking and quick decision-making. Start doing the
best work of your life here.
Duties and Responsibilities
Privacy, Compliance - Office of General Council
The organization operates across the United States as a leading
Bank & Wealth Management Organization with a high level of client
satisfaction and over $200 billion in total assets.
You will have the opportunity to work with and support an
experienced Privacy leader, who is responsible for the management
of related enterprise-wide legal and privacy compliance
requirements across the entire organization.
This position reports directly to the Head of Privacy,
Compliance / Privacy Officer.
What you'll do as a Privacy Office Intern:
- Provide strategic support for the company's Privacy Office,
Privacy Program, and Head of Privacy, Compliance;
- Support the Head of Privacy, Compliance in overseeing the
Privacy Program and assist in the efforts to drive accountability
for privacy in multiple respective disciplines;
- Consult and coordinate with Privacy Leads, providing guidance
and direction for risk assessments and compliance concerns;
- Lead and coordinate regulatory risk assessments and develop
strategies to address mitigation plans and remediation
- Provide strategic privacy-related advice and support for new
business ventures, pilot programs and initiatives;
- Assist in expanding the Privacy Office's global footprint with
the company, support the development, drafting, and delivery of
communications to raise awareness about the company's Privacy
Program across business functions;
- Keep on top of current & upcoming state and federal privacy law
and monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to
support organizational adaptation & compliance;
- Analyze privacy issues as they arise and provide advice to
business and support units as required, particularly for new
studies, services and systems;
- Provide overall support to the Head of Privacy, Compliance and
Privacy Office such as development and distribution of agenda,
minutes, and follow up items; and
- Assist in department or division-wide initiatives and special
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study from an
accredited University; law degree a plus (not mandatory);
- Knowledge of relevant privacy laws, regulations, compliance and
best practices - GLBA, CCPA, FCRA, CAN-SPAM, CALOPPA;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- The ability to develop and implement highly effective strategic
- Excellent analytical and project management skills;
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and
resources with a sense of urgency and to navigate within a complex
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals;
must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you
do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to
grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so,
then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence
to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary
service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal
opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable
accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job
functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the
employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories,
including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent
with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations,
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San
Francisco ban-the-box laws.