Senior Software Engineer, Platforms
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from
offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that
enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this
universe leading the next generation of e-commerce, having created
a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection,
payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully
compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest
Bolt has 4 product engineering teams that are constantly working
toward building new features. The application infrastructure team's
goal is to support these teams to be able to move fast and have the
resources they need. The fun part of being on this team is having
to touch every part of the stack right from CI / CD pipelines,
database management, deploy processes all the way to building a
distributed jobs framework for async tasks. Every engineer on this
team gets to shape the engineering and technology at Bolt in a
fundamental way. Some of the things the team is looking at right
now is introducing a NoSQL database, re-writing our asset deploy
pipeline making better use of CloudFront's edge lambdas.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
We want someone who is comfortable:
- Thinking creatively to solve complex problems.
- Constantly learning.
- Working at all levels, right from terraform and Kubernetes, all
the way to front end code.
- Thinking 2, 3, and 4 steps ahead and planning for both the
short and long term.
- Plan for and build the next generation infrastructure at
- Build frameworks that allow other teams at Bolt to move
- Help teams adopt Temporal to simplify building complex
- Design and build mission-critical systems, products, and
solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily
- Contribute across the stack and learn a wide variety of skills
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering
- Work with a passionate, smart, and ambitious team of engineers
who built large scale systems at Facebook, Amazon, Airbnb, Google,
Uber, Salesforce, and Twitter.
Technologies we use:
- Typescript / React
- Lunch is on us!
- Prime location in downtown San Francisco in Union Square
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement plans
- Commuter Benefits + Safe rides programs
- Gym and wellness subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly team events
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Paid parental leave
- Awesome teammates!
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let
Check out our Engineering Blog!
Keywords: Bolt, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer, Platforms, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!