IT System Support Technician (28871)
Company: Threshold Enterprises
Location: Scotts Valley
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well-known
national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of
award winning Source Naturals and Planetary Herbals brands. The
company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food
Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly
through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and
the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value.
Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger
employers, with over 850 employees.
Summary of Job Duties:
Manages the helpdesk functions and provides technical support to
work station users. Responsible for all aspects of technical
support from the workstation up to and including servers, software,
and network components.
Specific Job Duties:
Accountable for maintaining software and hardware systems that
support the organization's internal users.
Solve routine and unusual problems and provide feedback to
Develop a good understanding of the organization's ERP/MRP
software. Assist users with issues as needed.
Help improve workflows and create documentation for processes
Monitor mission critical software hardware systems availability
Understand relational database concepts and Windows
Understand basic network topology, network security (access
control, virus protection, etc)
Security coordination related to responding to and managing
security related events, incidents, and other managing our network
security infrastructure (SEIM service, firewall, end point
protection systems, and vulnerability management systems, etc.) and
leading/participating in network security projects.
Perform all other tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
- Organize smaller IT projects and see them through to
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years experience in technology support.
- Extensive Windows 7/8/10 knowledge as well as Windows Server
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and shift focus within
changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with application and server support.
- Experience with integration of existing business systems.
- Experienced in Network Administration (MS Active Directory) and
Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Ability to commnuicate with Managers and Co-workers effectively
- Working knowledge of network security systems. (Firewall,
endpoint protection systems, and vulnerability management
- Understanding of IT as a service business model, customer
service centric approach to providing support.
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl and lift up to 50
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Microsoft and/or Cisco Certification, or equivalent education,
or work experience.
- Excellent communications skills, coupled with sound problem
resolution, judgment, and decision making skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal management, with
strong organizational skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, both written and
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must hold a valid driver's license with no restrictions and
possess reliable transportation
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl and lift up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Threshold Enterprises, San Francisco , IT System Support Technician (28871), Other , Scotts Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!