Tech Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if
you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job
description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the People Analytics Team
People Analytics provides end-to-end analytical solutions to
Talent team, HRBPs, vendors, and other stakeholders to drive
business insights and data driven decisions. By leveraging
technology and HR domain expertise, People Analytics provides
automation and operation efficiencies to business processes.
Overview of the Tech BI Analyst role
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is looking for a Tech BI Analyst with a
strong data analysis, business intelligence, and pipeline
experience. The candidate will join the People Analytics team to
help develop, scale, and rollout People self-service and analytics
efforts. This is role will work with our HR business partners
across the organization such as Talent, Retail, executive
leadership, vendors, and other stakeholders to determine business
problems and provide data insights through analytical
Working on the People Analytics team, you will be instrumental
in the design, installation, and maintenance of reports,
dashboards, and analytical tools including production support. You
will be supporting our Sr. Data Engineers in ensuring that our HR
data warehouse and other People systems are optimized for greater
flexibility and reuse. You are a data integrity champion and enjoy
resolving data issues while providing excellent customer service
throughout the organization.
- End-to-end analytics support including self-service dashboards,
data workflows, HR data warehouse pipelines, and ad-hoc
- Supports People Analytics roadmap projects by engaging
stakeholders in gathering requirements, facilitating discussions,
providing insights, executing rollout plans and clearly articulates
- Enhances capabilities and applies methodical techniques on
various People Analytics tools to be leveraged by the team
- Meets project SLAs and timely escalation of critical
issues/risks to stakeholders
- Develop reports, dashboards, and analysis through Power BI,
SQL, Crystal Reports, Python, and other reporting tools with close
attention to data accuracy and correct formatting
- Embraces growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit which
include being able to work independently, handle multiple
priorities, and drive projects with a sense of urgency
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and be adaptable to
work changes that shift quickly
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and automation scripts in
the HR data warehouse
- Help analyze and validate internal consistency, completeness,
and accuracy of People data systems
- Strong SQL skills. MS SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with data warehousing, automation scripting and ETL.
SSIS, Power Automate, and Python is a plus.
- Strong data visualization and business intelligence skills
using one or more of the following tools: Power BI, SSRS, Crystal
Reports, and Business Objects, Power BI expertise is a plus.
- Experience working with databases: manipulating, summarizing,
and analyzing data
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong analytical, project management, organizational, and
efficiency skills required
- Exceptional attention to detail in ensuring high degree of
accuracy in reports and data analysis
- Self-starter, quick learner, great team player, and continuous
- Data-driven mindset with ability to solve problems
- Possess a strong work ethic, customer service, and commitment
in delivering results to the organization
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills to both
technical and non-technical audience at all levels within the
- 2 - 4 years of end-to-end analytical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM or related field
Nice to Haves
- Experience with analyzing People data a plus
- Experience with forecasting, statistical modeling, data science
and machine learning
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on
diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy
and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer
experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and
engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the
communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
- Depending on your position and your location, here are a few
highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including
same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case
or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or
other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other
applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Keywords: Williams-Sonoma, Inc., San Francisco , Tech Business Intelligence Analyst, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!