We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of
disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We
combine the world's most comprehensive view of patient encounters
with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to
power our Healthcare Map, the industry's most precise view of the
U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation,
we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver
exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart,
supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for
fixing what's broken in healthcare. It's fun, challenging and
important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the best healthcare data architecture in
the industry. As we are maturing, we are investing in our core data
assets, and continually expanding the number and diversity of the
data sources we are ingesting.
Our Data Ingestion team is a high-performing team working with
big data at scale - they both ingest data and evolve the
architecture to increase efficiency. The team is currently starting
work on version 2.0 of their architecture, focused around improving
efficiency, reducing operations and improving data quality. Our
data comes in daily, meaning we do batch processing and not
This role will be a key contributor to the design and
implementation of data engineering pipelines to ingest billions of
medical and prescription claims, as well as other data sources. Our
data ingestion use cases are complex (hundreds of fields, many come
as multiple data files that need to be linked), and implementing
robust data quality processes and frameworks is crucial.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will
- Owned ingestion of several complex data sources and / or
enhanced existing data sources.
- Participated in design and implemented distributed data systems
using Spark or similar technologies.
- Collaborated with product managers and data scientists to
implement validation and/or data quality enhancements.
- Optimized the pipelines for performance and cost.
- Helped ensure smooth operations of the ingestion
- Helped ensure patient privacy by implementing business
Some of the projects the team is currently working on:
- Building new architecture focused on improving consistency
between different pipelines, improving ability to backfill, and
increasing data quality.
- Ingesting new complex data sources. Many of our data sources
consist of a large historical load, followed by regular incremental
- Enabling data ingestion as a service - to enable other teams to
self-serve their ingestion needs when they are less
What you bring to Komodo:
- Expertise with industry standard distributed systems (ie.
Spark), data pipeline tools (ie. Airflow).
- Capable of quickly building expertise on an as-need basis on
new tech stack.
- Demonstrable experience with Python.
- Understand and design for non-functional concerns such as
performance, cost optimization, maintainability and developer
- Strong communication with engineers, product managers.
- Ability to work as part of an agile collaborative team in a
- Experience with systems support, debugging and operations.
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health's CEO
- Komodo Health's 'Meet a Dragon' series
- Komodo's Values that Drive our Culture