Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the supervision of the Director of Patient Care Services
(DPCS), the Hospice Aide provides personal care and related
non-professional household services necessary to meet the hygiene,
ADL, and comfort needs of the homebound patient in alignment with
SCAH, mission, goals and objectives. The Hospice Aide reports
directly to the DPCS as do the other members of the
interdisciplinary team. The HA receives functional guidance and
supervision from the interdisciplinary team.
Education / Licensures / Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent education / experience -
- Certified Home Health Aide - CHHA - required
- Automobile Insurance - required
- Driver License, Valid and in State - DL Number - required
- BLS - required
- Minimum one year experience performing duties as an aide in a
home care setting or other health care related facility
- Direct patient care experience within the past five (5) years
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and health care
practices is required as well as understanding of universal
- Demonstrate a positive customer service orientation; skill
working with diverse groups of patients and co-workers; ability to
solve customer-service related problems for internal and external
- Ability to recognize the special needs and concerns of diverse
groups of patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in
an effective, mature, and caring manner.
- Tolerance for body secretions, strong odors, potential exposure
to disease, and varied environmental conditions.
- Competency is evaluated by written test and during joint visits
in the care of patients.
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Francisco , Hospice Aide, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!