Company: Godfrey Dadich Partners
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising,
journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better
stories. We are seeking a copy editor to join the team. This role
is a critical contributor to the accuracy, consistency, and polish
of our work. As a copy editor youll work with virtually every
department at the firm, but youll operate out of our editorial
department, which uses the tools of journalism to help
organizations of all kinds tell better stories. Your mission will
be to ensure that the communications we createboth internal and
externalare held to the highest standards of grammar, punctuation,
spelling, syntax, and style. You will also contribute broadly to
the editorial team and process as we pioneer The New Editorial.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an
editorial or creative services role. You will have familiarity with
the creative production process and working knowledge of the
procedures, symbols, and conventions of professional copy editing,
as well as the English language. Youll be comfortable working on
everything from long-from narratives, to ad campaigns, social
posts, and presentation decs.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in partnership with editorial, creative, and production
leads, youll be exposed to a wide range of formats includingbut not
limited toeditorial-style articles, comprehensive campaign
development, digital experiences, and Keynote presentations.
- Copy-editing print, digital, and video work, both internally
and for our clients.
- Collaborating with the studio team to prioritize projects,
provide estimated turnaround times for review cycles, and identify
opportunities for improving workflow efficiencies.
- Communicating skillfully with internal and external
- Maintaining and updating internal and client style guides.
- Working with the writing and editorial teams to properly
manage, organize, and track documents.
- 13 years of experience in an editorial, creative services,
design, or advertising role.
- Proven fluency in copy editing.
- Expert knowledge of the English language.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on quality,
accuracy, and efficiency.
- Knowledge of event, print, editorial, and web production.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated fluency with Keynote, Microsoft Office, and GSuite
products; experience with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud
(especially InCopy), Figma and other design tools is a plus.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process,
and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. Were
always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a
strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great
stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and
experiences. Were committed to building a more diverse and
inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome
unconventional paths. If your experience doesnt entirely conform to
the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter
to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Godfrey Dadich Partners, San Francisco , Copy Editor, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!