AppD Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution
that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to
provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With
our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly
the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause
analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem,
including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll
finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information
that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless
customer experiences at scale.
About the team and role:
As part of the UI engineering team (and as part of the greater
eXperience Org), our mission statement is to flawlessly execute on
business priorities and deliver outstanding customer value,
bringing AppDynamics' products to life. We stay close to our user
and leverage analytics to make business decisions to balance out
short term priorities with long term investments. We support and
empower our teammates whose judgment we trust for our future
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our UI
engineering team in building web applications. We are responsible
for designing, building, and maintaining internal and customer
facing services to run the most critical elements of our business
including licensing, downloads, account management, reporting, and
integration with external products. You will be empowered and
challenged to own development, deployment, and optimization of a
one or more critical web services. We are a highly collaborative,
cross-functioning team that includes designers, product managers,
At AppDynamics, we hire people who are eager to contribute to
our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in
thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you
to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work
environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like
in action? You should be ready to be a "culture add" to AppDynamics
and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an
even better place to work.
Our new Senior Software Engineer will:
- Design and develop the next generation of B2B and B2C services
to enable new ways of selling to and communicating with our
- Work closely and communicate effectively with product managers,
designers, and other engineers, to deploy premier customer facing
- Design and building a flexible REST API platform.
- Integrate with multiple SaaS services to extend the AppDynamics
website and customer experience.
- Expand and scale existing applications using cloud
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer:
- Passionate about delivering value to the customer and
connecting with them through our web interfaces
- It bugs you when something is broken for our customers and you
take action to fix it, even if it's not in your domain
- 4+ years of experience working with web application development
using Node.js, preferably with Angular or React. Ideal if
comfortable with both.
- Experience designing and delivering secure and flexible web
- Experience integrating with external SaaS services.
- Experience deploying with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Elastic
Beanstalk is ideal.
- Strong experience with SQL server or similar databases like
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Master's preferred.
About our tech stack:
- Public Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Services: EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Elasticache, Lambda, API
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Github
- Languages/Frameworks: React.js/Next.js, Java, Python
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is
something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you
excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts,
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO),
14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits
and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not
accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward
unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics
employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency
or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated
with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be
considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor.
AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those
regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal
histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If
your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., San Francisco , AppD Senior Software Engineer (Front End), Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!