At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we
offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private
business banking and private wealth management. We believe that
personal connections are everything and our success is driven by
the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll
always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Finance, we're responsible for the Bank's financial health.
We work with teams across First Republic to set growth strategies,
explore initiatives, stay ahead of market trends, monitor risk and
ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
Discover the independence to grow and drive change.
As a Sr.Analyst, FP&A and a member of the Finance team, you
will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with business,
credit and technology teams to generate and explain data-driven
insights. You will be at the nexus of helping the Bank's leadership
maximize the value of our data to make informed decisions, manage
risks, service clients and capitalize on competitive opportunities
in increasingly sophisticated ways.
In this position, you'll draw on your broad skills in finance,
accounting, and strategic thinking, as well as your curiosity and
your ability to quickly learn and assimilate new skills. You'll
deliver results under tight deadlines and demonstrate solid
business acumen and management-level written and verbal
What you will do as a Sr.Analyst, FP&A:
- Participate in financial model building, data analytics and
reporting necessary for the Bank's Capital Stress Test and
- Conduct independent analyses, including evaluation of
mathematical soundness, historical performance, and appropriate
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the accounting and
reporting principles central to financial planning.
- Actively participate in ad hoc reporting requests from
executives and key stakeholders, based on a variety of financial,
industry, economic and strategic analyses.
- Create appropriate documentations/presentations of the
forecast, any associated analyses performed, assumptions
(particularly management assumptions), and the relevant control and
governance processes surrounding the forecast. This includes
clearly, concisely and accurately documenting the reasoning,
concepts and rationales in support of the forecasts for initiatives
like Capital Stress Test.
- Respond to reporting and analyses requests from executives and
key stakeholders within the bank.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance team to identify
discrepancies and ensure data quality.
- Assist in data collection, extraction, scrubbing, validity and
sanity checks, transformation, and validation for a variety of
- Present quantitative results clearly and concisely,
demonstrating a capability to discuss financial and quantitative
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiency gains and
improvements to processes and controls.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in the regulatory
environment to help the team manage the dynamism in the
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics or a
related field with 2+ years of experience in financial reporting
and financial modeling.
- Banking or finance experience (preferred) or the ability to
clearly articulate the transferability of out-of-industry
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable working on
multiple types of requests with minimal supervision.
- The ability to translate business problems into data analysis
problems to support business needs.
- The ability to explain complex data management techniques,
summarize data-driven insights and present key findings to senior
- Proficiency in clearly documenting qualitative and quantitative
analyses, processes and results for internal validation.
- The ability to conduct deep, exploratory data analysis by
quickly grasping the business problem.
- The capability to work effectively both in a team environment
and independently, with both internal colleagues and external
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in writing and modifying SQL queries to access and
refine data is required
- Experience in using QRM would be a plus.
- The ability to work with financial models in Excel and use
Excel features such as pivot tables and matching functions
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals;
must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you
willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how
you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and
the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence
to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary
service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Come join us!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable
federal and/or state law.