Company: Ousteer, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Ouster has re-invented lidar - that's 30 times smaller, 50 times
lighter, uses a fraction of the energy, and is far less expensive
than legacy technologies. On many measures Ouster sensors see
better than human eyes, and with its small, light, energy efficient
package and attainable price point, it accelerates advancements in
industrial automation, self-driving, smart cities, physical
security, and last-mile delivery robots - i.e., any application
requiring accurate perception of the physical environment.
Ouster, Inc., a newly public company trading on the NYSE under
the ticker OUST, seeks a Commercial Counsel to join our San
Francisco, California based team and provide legal support to our
rapidly growing global sales and operations. This attorney will
report to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Draft, negotiate, review, and revise a wide range of complex
commercial contracts and agreements, including master sales and
supply agreements, distribution agreements, professional services
and consulting agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and
as a legal business partner to multiple internal business
- Identify, interpret, explain, and advise on non-standard terms
and associated risks, contract requirements, obligations, and risk
exposure to relevant business stakeholders.
- Create and maintain forms/templates and terms as needed for a
variety of commercial agreements and assist in managing the
contract template library in the company's Contract Lifecycle
- Develop and implement training and education programs for
various business stakeholders on commercial contract terms and our
commercial contracting processes.
Required skills and experience:
- Three years of commercial contracts experience, with at least
two years at a top law firm;
- Juris Doctor, and admitted to practice law in California;
- Outstanding drafting and communication skills;
- Team player with ability to collaborate
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, rapid-growth
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely;
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to take on new
challenges in all areas of law; and
- Positive attitude and a desire to be part of a strong,
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience working in a public company with global sales
- Background in hardware agreements; and
- Exposure to the automotive and industrial industries.
To apply, please email your resume to CommercialC@ouster.io
At Ouster we offer a range of competitive benefits, as we
believe in taking care of our employees in all aspects of their
lives. Our newly renovated office, located in the Mission District
of San Francisco, is a dog-friendly workplace with a kitchen
stocked with snacks, fresh fruit and drinks, and a complimentary
dinner catered nightly. Additional perks include 15 vacation
days/10 paid holidays annually; paid parental leave; pre-tax
commuter or health care/dependent care accounts; 401K match up to
4%; medical, vision and dental plans with premiums covered at 100%
for the employee and 75% for dependents (Cigna or Kaiser); life
insurance; and short term disability and long term disability.
Ouster offers the best benefit options available because we
consider the well-being of our employees a top priority.
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues
and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment
decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national
origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual
orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis
protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for
a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster
considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
for employment. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Ousteer, Inc., San Francisco , Commercial Counsel, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!