Data Engineer, People Analytics
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer
extraordinary client service in private banking, private business
banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe
that personal connections are everything and our success is driven
by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients.
You'll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting
First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and
supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our
colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their
success is our reward.
Duties and Responsibilities
The People Analytics & Insights team is an evolving team that
dives deep into people data, enlightens with insights, and enables
change through a comprehensive analytical approach. As a member of
the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical
and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both
quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. You will
play an important role in how we bring data to everything with your
expertise and passion to help address the data and analytical needs
of teams and clients across First Republic. Your knowledge of
People data, along with deep business context, will enable you to
provide action-oriented analyses to ensure our HR organization and
Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful,
data-driven People decisions.
What you'll do as a Data Engineer, People Analytics:
- As a data engineer, you will be working closely with data
architects and data analysts to implement data modeling solutions
in order to streamline and support people analytics data and
- Develop conceptual data models, implement data strategies, and
build data flows.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support
new and existing projects.
- Develop best practices for data coding to ensure high data
quality and consistency within the system. Design and develop
solutions to reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and
improve enterprise information management
- Communicate complex information so that it is easy to
understand and drive strategic use of data to help increase value
of the People Analytics function.
- Partner closely with HR Technology and Operations to ensure
that systems and data catalogs align to the analytical and data
reporting needs; Build and maintain strong partnerships across HR
and the business.
- Manage various analytics projects and collaborate within HR and
cross-functionally across the business
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to
identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the
desired business benefits.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization and
pipeline design and development
- Hands-on experience with data platforms (Snowflake, AWS) and
familiarity with data visualization (Tableau, Cognos BI)
- Strong in at least one of these programming languages: SQL, R,
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing and relational database
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Demonstrated technical ability and analytical skills, with
superb attention to detail and passion for data, data definition
integrity, and process efficacy
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to interact
with cross-functional stakeholders in spoken and written form.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing business
- Experience with HR systems as well as other technical
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals;
must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you
willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how
you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and
the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence
to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary
service, empowerment and stability-that's the First Republic way.
Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal
opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable
accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job
functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the
employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories,
including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent
with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations,
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San
Francisco ban-the-box laws.