We are looking for a qualified Inventory Planning Manager to own
all aspects of inventory management for our growing retail
divisions, reporting into the Director of Planning. This will
include maintaining proper inventory levels at distribution centers
to support all our customers based on forecasts. This role requires
a close partnership with several departments to facilitate all the
cross functional needs as it pertains to inventory management. As
part of a small growing team with a start-up environment, the ideal
candidate is a clear communicator with a can-do attitude that is
proactive, a tenacious problem solver, detail oriented, and able to
multi-task independently with little direction and ad hoc
- Assist in the development, implementation, and support of
inventory management / supply chain initiatives and capabilities
that support overall company and brand goals.
- Manage stock levels at Distribution centers by reviewing
channel planner's forecasts, weeks-on-hand and suppliers' lead
times to maximize sales and optimize inventory levels by Brand and
Channel. Build and pass purchase orders to Production Team.
- Evaluate productivity of all SKUS to manage potential inventory
liabilities, overstocks and minimize obsolescence; recommend
product transition from active to discontinue as appropriate.
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues to develop
best practices and requirements for inventory management
- Demonstrate creative problem solving in investigating inventory
variance, determine root cause and implement corrective actions
while thinking along unconventional lines.
- Track and maintain good inventory levels and ensure all
transfer orders are completed in NetSuite in a timely manner.
- Point of contact for all inventory special projects at
fulfilment centers (domestic and internationally), resolving all
issues and driving any new item set up and preparation.
- Manage Lifecycle of items in the DC. Track Expiration dates,
manufacturer dates by batch.
- Provide monthly reporting and maintain key department files;
provide analysis, insights and recommendations on the data.
- Demonstrate strong management skills, particularly in respect
to prioritization and execution, along with strong leadership and
relationship skills across functional areas.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively implement
tactical elements to ensure strategic goals are met.
- Recommends operational process improvements and develop
strategies to enhance performance, systems, accuracy levels and
inventory touch points.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory
shrinkage and maximize turns.
- Identify measures needed to prevent stock-outs of top-selling
SKUs and move through over-stocked inventory.
- Develop and implement recommendations to address problems with
- BA/BS degree plus 3+ years inventory planning experience
preferably within a fast-paced retail environment; wholesale
experience a plus
- Clear understanding of basic financial and inventory measures:
sales, gross margin, weeks on hand/weeks of supply, sell thru,
turn, with proficiency in retail math
- Strong analytic skills and advanced experience in Microsoft
Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office products
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to use tools and
resources to answer questions.
- Ability to thrive in scrappy environment with lack of
- Strong organizational and time management skills; own multiple
priorities and adaptive to shifting priorities
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Proactive by nature, resourceful and self-motivated, with
excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong listening and communication skills
No Compromise Beauty
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to
create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe.
We formulate with a No Compromise approach-proudly blacklisting
over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most
trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through
biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was
created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have
been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep
positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the
ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how
we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and
sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly
effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our
standards for clean beauty are high-and our standards for ourselves
are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its
innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by
converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris'
molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance
chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from
cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"),
Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job
applicants ("Applicants") about the personal information we collect
about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the
categories of personal information we collect about you, and the
purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be
used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button below and submitting
your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete
Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job
If you have any questions regarding this information, please
contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit
resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to
having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not
pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other
than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes
sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your
company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for