Packaging Machine Operator I (swing) (27105)
Company: Threshold Enterprises
Location: Scotts Valley
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Summary of Job Duties:
As Machine Operator 1, employee will perform routine tasks in
support of the packaging of dietary supplements. Performs tasks and
operates packaging equipment in a regulated environment including:
bottle filling, cotton and desiccant equipment, and capping and
labeling equipment. Also expected to assist Machine Operator Level
2 in tablet & capsule filling and processing. Adheres to all food
safety and food quality guidelines, and cGMP requirements per NSF
and FDA. Completes all documentation required for batch processing
according to good documentation practices. Prepares disinfectants
and performs sanitation/cleaning activities per procedures, and
follows appropriate gowning, cGMP, and safety guidelines.
Specific Job Duties:
- Operate and troubleshoot packaging equipment (e.g.: TC3 and
Fairchild tablet counter/fillers, cotton and desiccant insertion
equipment, bottle cappers and CVC labelers) used in the packaging
of dietary supplements.
- Complete all documentation required for packaging in a cGMP
compliant manner, including; Packaging batch records (Travelers),
box labels, room and equipment logbooks, and in-process
- Monitor product and packaging parameters throughout the process
and perform in-process sampling and/or testing as required.
- Communicate packaging equipment and facilities problems, and
any possible mis-counted or mis-labeled product to Packaging
- Assist with plant sanitation as required, including; sweeping,
mopping, wiping walls and surfaces, and washing, emptying
- Maintain good housekeeping with sanitation.
- Meet all safety expectations, including wearing the required
personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all safety practices
- Able to work outside normal scheduled hours and overtime, as
- Work in a dynamic team environment.
- Ensure full compliance with Companies Policies, Procedures,
GMP's, Code of Safe Practices and SOP's at all times.
- Maximize Packaging equipment uptime, while ensuring consistent
plant operation performance to quality, productivity, cost and
- Take direction from the Machine Operator 2 and Team Lead/Tech,
- Supports Machine Operator 2 with responsibility for set up and
- Performs other duties as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 1-3 years of experience working with equipment or in a
packaging environment, or equivalent.
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative and use sound
judgment in day-to-day decision making.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 30 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and write legibly in English.
- Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent, preferred.
- Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Some mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of Food Safety and Good Manufacturing
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Ensure collaborative relationships inside and outside the
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written documents.
Keywords: Threshold Enterprises, San Francisco , Packaging Machine Operator I (swing) (27105), Other , Scotts Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!