Senior Manager, Software Engineering - API Management and Integration Platform
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible
growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and
the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and
systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. We think
about data and the delivery of data differently. That's because
unlocking the power of enterprise data creates new opportunities
for innovation and builds a competitive advantage.
As a Sr. Manager of Software Engineering, API Mgmt and
Integration Platform, you will play a critical role in the
application integrations realm driving two strategic initiatives.
Firstly enable API Producers to secure, monitor, manage, and share
APIs with their teams and Splunk Enterprise while providing API
Consumers ability to discover new data,functionality and self-serve
to accelerate their business agility. Secondly, develop and extend
self-service tools, frameworks and capabilities that enable API
producers and consumers with an efficient, secure, and scalable API
lifecycle to facilitate rapid time to market for reusable APIs.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability
to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks
simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In
addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills
are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the
organization. In this role you will do the following:
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Lead a team of accomplished API software engineers and platform
engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation
Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform..
- Manage and coach engineers to become proficient developers
using best software development practices and processes.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and
contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities,
trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more delivery teams.
- Champion Agile methods and practices, such as pair programming,
test-driven development, and continuous delivery.
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that
is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Participate in project core team meetings to discuss status,
risks, and mitigation strategies across delivery teams.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define
roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that
measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of management experience in an Agile software delivery
- 4+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware
domain experience with a distinguished track record on technically
- 3+ years of experience delivering API Management and platform
optimization solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns,
- Experience implementing API management using Mulesoft, Apigee
etc. to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security,
analytics, monetization and developer portals
- Experience in container orchestration solutions, test
automation and observability
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to
meet career objectives.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with managing down tech debt and balancing it with
new product development.
- Knowledge of Splunk products
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and
dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product
management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors
help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have
a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home
sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible
with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps
cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best
Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a
row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a
plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally
protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is
applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other
locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Francisco , Senior Manager, Software Engineering - API Management and Integration Platform, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!