Principal Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk>Phantom is the only purpose-built Security Automation
& Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open, growing
community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It
makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a
difference to our customers? Serving the customer and working
directly with them is our core value. Do you value working in an
environment where you are empowered to make technological decisions
to make our customer lives better?
If staying technically challenged and working with customers
excites you, we are looking for an exceptionally highly motivated
developer with real passion for security to extend the capabilities
of our world-class platform. With a sharp focus on well tested,
performant code, come help protect the world's networks.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will take a major position
in helping build and be responsible for a world class security
automation product as a service.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, design
and implement new features to reduce mean-time-to-resolution of
- Collaborate and work closely with your engineering peers,
product management, QA, and release teams solving hard problems and
- Build external and internal facing APIs
- Help specify and install security controls for our FedRamp
compliant SOAR offering for both AWS and GCP cloud
- Participate in day to day operations and continually monitor
- Supervise, validate and seek security controls and security
logging in a production operational SaaS environment
- Work directly with engineers and product managers to influence
the product requirements
- Keep product quality in mind and use tools and technologies to
make engineering process efficient
- Expertise in Python and C++ is a hard requirement
- Expert in OS (RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu) libraries, ability to
resolve build and installation dependencies
- Knowledgeable with encryption libraries and experience with
FIPS enabled OSs and FIPS Libraries a huge plus
- Understanding of FedRAMP, SOC2, NIST, CSA or other security
- Proficiency with rest framework such as Django, Flask
- Good understanding of threading limitations, multi-process
architecture, event driven programming, functions, improvements,
classes, comprehensions, exceptions and problem solving in Python
is a huge plus
- Experience in working with AWS, Cloud environments, Containers,
Kubernetes, Docker - DevOps Engineering environment with owning
tests, CI/CD pipelines is a must
- Take pride in developing reusable, scalable, testable, and
rapidly growing efficient code
- 8 years of relative experience with a technical Bachelor's
degree; or 6 years and a technical Master's degree; or a PhD with 3
years' experience; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Francisco , Principal Cloud Software Engineer, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!