Solutions Specialist 2 (Security)
Company: Computacenter PLC
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Solution Specialist is a key partner of the Account
Executive/Sales Representative and is responsible for driving the
technical strategy and delivering additional revenue from assigned
accounts. You will be mapped to several accounts across one or more
practices. You will drive opportunities and new relationships
within accounts. This role has a security focus.
- Technical sale lead that drive opportunities and deals
including bringing in the right people and expertise.
- Focus on increasing Hardware/Product and Services revenue.
- Responsible for and provides oversight for Pre-Sales deals
(engaging the Solution Architects & Post Sales Team as
- Proposals - Development and collaborates with the Pre-Sales
Engineering Teams to develop final quotes and proposals.
- Attend Customer opportunity / strategy meetings to understand
and articulate business and technical strategy for the company and
- Provide qualification of designs or opportunities and produce
technical architecture/design documentation
- Act as Design Authority for nominated key accounts
- Work as technical designer on enterprise scale,
mission-critical customer projects
- Work with peers to advise and recommend on future technology
- Ensure that proposed solutions are valid and meet Customer
- Research technology and deliver associated white papers to
promote Computacenter's offerings.
- Work closely with Vendors / Partners to keep up-to-date with
current and future technologies, products and strategies to manage
the 'cradle to grave' solution provisions cycle.
- Maintain high level of industry awareness through training and
- Engage in, and manage, Customer demonstrations and Proofs of
- Development of service offerings, utilizing newly released
products having ensured that functionality claims are valid.
- Plays a pivotal role in ensuring end to end delivery to
- Embrace and support Computacenter's mission and core
- Partners with business leaders to deliver services that support
company objectives and that are consistent with Winning Together
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
(MIS) (preferred) or equivalent in work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, configuring,
and implementing enterprise security solutions from multiple
- 5+ years as a presales Technology Generalist and solutioning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to engage, and interact effectively, with people from many
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with IT delivery methodologies.
- Understanding and Knowledge of IT Trends and Business
- Ability to develop and maintain client
- Develop and deliver solutions architecture presentations.
- Vendor Certifications a plus (CISSP, CISM, PCNSE, CCIE
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to design in-depth, complex technical solutions
- Relevant industry leading qualification or accreditation in one
or more technology
- In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology and its
- Demonstrable ability to provide input into commercial/technical
documents and to develop solution specific business cases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the
ability to present at large internal and external audiences and at
- In-depth understanding of service lifecycle.
- Ability to lead and organize a large virtual technical
- Good negotiation skill
- Excellent people management skills
- Industry leading knowledge in specialist Technology area.
Computacenter is a leading independent technology partner,
trusted by large corporate and public sector organizations. We help
our customers to source, transform and manage their IT
infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling users
and their business. Computacenter is a public company quoted on the
London FTSE 250 (CCC.L) and employs over 15,000 people worldwide.
In US we support some of the country's best-known businesses with
regional headquarters in both San Francisco & New York City and an
Integration Center in Silicon Valley. www.computacenter.com/us
WE OFFER A GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
There's so much more to enjoy about being at Computacenter Inc.
than just having a rewarding career. In addition to offering
competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities,
Computacenter Inc. provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to
contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security
and peace of mind.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Computacenter Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for
any individuals we decide to hire.
Keywords: Computacenter PLC, San Francisco , Solutions Specialist 2 (Security), Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!