Company: Courtyard by Marriott | Huntington Hotels
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Title: Maintenance Manager/Chief
Seeking an experienced maintenance professional to lead our
Full time employees are eligible for these benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for supervision of
maintaining the entire hotel facility and maintenance personnel,
including ongoing room maintenance programs, mechanical systems,
plumbing systems, grounds keeping, and pool/spa maintenance.
- Ensures all required repairs and maintenance is performed on
all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by Guests,
Housekeeping, and management. Such duties could consist of HVAC,
plumbing and electrical repairs, and furniture repair/replacement,
laundry equipment, etc.
- Maintains hotel grounds and building exterior.
- Supervises all outside contractors to ensure they are
fulfilling their contractual requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance on hotel equipment and assets
per set schedule.
- Performs daily walk through. Records all meter readings and
- Orders supplies and monitors the department budget.
- Monitors all life safety systems and ensures we are in
compliance with all corporate/brand standards and all federal,
state and local laws.
Directing Team Members
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches, and counsels team
- Schedules team members taking into consideration expected Guest
arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, Guest service needs, and
- Maintains and facilitates effective training programs.
- Enforces proper grooming and dress code for department
- Ensures that all operations of Engineering equipment and
procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with
company guidelines and government regulations.
- Prepares and renders annual performance evaluations for all
- Ensures that a proper key control program is followed.
- Monitors work order volume and prioritizes assignments for team
- Provides written detail of work performed on work order forms
and other documents.
- Records all maintenance request work performed.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to identify and track
trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Informs Front Desk and Housekeeping of rooms where work is
being performed so they can be put out of order as needed. Notify
Front Desk and Housekeeping when work is complete.
- Leads hotel Safety Committee.
- Has open communication with other departments on work they may
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and
communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests,
clients, co-workers, and management.
- Knows hotel emergency procedures and where all emergency
shut-offs are located. Assists hotel guests when necessary in case
of an emergency.
- Facilitates all Emergency Response Training and Safety Training
for hotel team members.
- Performs special projects assigned in allotted time set for
- Performs all other duties as directed, developed, or
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally
communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and
professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability
to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Basic computer skills. Facility
maintenance skills, knowledge of proper chemical handling, HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, and small appliance repair skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid drivers
license, vehicle insurance.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or
no supervision. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to,
pool/spa filter pump, hand tools, power tools, leaf blower,
sweeper, and pressure washer. Ability to solve basic mathematical
problems, use a tape measure, and understand liquid and weighted
volumes. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Hotel or building maintenance experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Requires exposure to hazardous equipment, minor burns, cuts,
bites or stings
- Body Positioning Requires bending or twisting, using
hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls,
requires kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, walking and
running, and standing
- Requires lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and frequently
lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lifting
and/or moving more than 100 pounds.
- Vision close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus are required for this job.
Brand: Courtyard by Marriott
Address: 655 Creekside Way Campbell, CA - 95008
Property Description: 121 - 655 Creekside Way, Campbell, CA
Property Number: 121
Keywords: Courtyard by Marriott | Huntington Hotels, San Francisco , Maintenance Manager/Chief, Other , Campbell, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!