Center Lead Physician
Company: On Lok Senior Health Service
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was
developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail
seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better
for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their
families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues,
including transportation to appointments, management of
medications, coordination of medical care from different
specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone
at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and
transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care,
social and recreational activities, and other senior care
We understand the importance of a system that works together.
Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission
to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
Under the administrative supervision of the Associate Medical
Director (AMD), the Center Lead Physician (CLP) is responsible for
the clinical and administrative supervision of the Center's
Physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage an individual patient panel serving as the primary care
- Complete a comprehensive medical evaluation and develop a
medical care plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
for each new enrollee.
- Perform periodic medical assessments and perform semiannual
reevaluations and care plan reviews with the interdisciplinary team
for all participants.
- Evaluate and treat episodic acute illnesses in any relevant
setting including clinic, acute care hospital, nursing home,
residential care facilities for elders (RCFE), and home.
- Provide clinical coverage for staff physicians and nurse
practitioners as needed.
- Provide clinical supervision of nurse practitioner and advise
on clinical management and care coordination.
- Work in close collaboration with the Nursing Staff.
- Request and authorize consultation from On Lok's panel of
medical and surgical consultants as needed.
- Collaborate with in-house medical specialists including the
dentist, optometrist, podiatrist, and audiologist.
- Communicate with Hospitalist during acute hospitalizations to
collaborate on medical management, care coordination, and discharge
- Provide primary care for participants residing in a nursing
facility with at least monthly visits, and additional visits as
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotational basis with other On
Lok staff physicians or nurse practitioners.
- Fulfill all administrative duties on a timely basis, including
proper record keeping in participant charts and attendance at
medical staff meetings.
- Provide clinical supervision of care by staff physician and
nurse practitioners at designated center.
- Monitor quality of clinical care of all practitioners.
- Perform periodic chart reviews and conduct individual
conferences to discuss cases and problems.
- Provide clinical supervision and oversight of medical
assistants in designated clinic.
- Complete performance reviews for staff PCPs at designated
Administration and Leadership
- Collaborate with center nursing lead or nurse manager and
Associate Medical Director to identify and implement clinic process
- Meet as needed with PACE Center Manager and nursing leadership
at designated center to plan care, solve issues, and ensure
efficient clinic operations, quality of care, and compliance with
all regulations. Ensures positive collaborative relationships with
these and other staff members.
- Regular review of utilization and quality performance metrics
of designated center.
- Periodically attend interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings of
each team at designated center.
- Supervise physician and nurse practitioners at the designated
center, including coaching and development, as well as on-boarding
new providers. May include interviewing and recommending new PCPs
- May oversee the relationship with contracted community
physicians including ensuring quality assurance and
- Coordinate vacation, continuing education, and other leave
coverage for all physicians and nurse practitioners at designated
- Coordinate medical on-call coverage and cross-coverage as
needed for designated center.
- Attend On Lok-wide supervisors' meetings in person or over
- Attend leadership and management training as requested.
- Coordinate medical student, resident and fellow teaching
assignments within center for the medical staff.
- Provide in-service training for interdisciplinary team, as
- Represent the On Lok program to interested groups and
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- D. or D.O degree and current and valid license to practice
medicine and surgery in the State of California.
- Formal training in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Board
eligible or Board Certified in either specialty.
- Subspecialty training in geriatrics medicine, hospice and
palliative medicine, or a minimum one-year experience working with
the elderly or frail population required.
- Current and valid Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac
- Willingness to work within the framework of a multidisciplinary
team in the On Lok health delivery system.
- Sensitivity to the health beliefs and needs of a multi-ethnic
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills.
- Bilingual ability may be required for specific
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular
position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships,
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and
long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state
and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR
460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race,
religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or
veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the
job application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of
employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Keywords: On Lok Senior Health Service, San Francisco , Center Lead Physician, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!