Software Developer 1
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Department of Biomedical Data Science is seeking a Software
Developer 1. This developer position will focus on building and
maintaining web applications for academic and research purposes.
This entails all aspects of developing modern web applications
including: building component libraries, user interface/experience
design, state management, and participating in API design. Most
work will be done in applications built on the ReactJS framework.
Substantial experience with some modern web application framework
is required, with the expectation that all work in this position is
currently done in ReactJS. This position will require the applicant
to work through the traditional software development lifecycle on
multiple projects and take responsibility for research,
development, and maintenance phases of those projects.
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Design and develop web applications that may involve
sophisticated data manipulation.
- Maintain and update existing websites.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Create reporting and analysis interfaces for datasets.
- Design and implement user documentation systems.
- Document changes in software for end users.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Serve as a technical resource with respect to web
- Other duties may also be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use
a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user
and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh
up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4821
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89670
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Software Developer 1, Other , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!