CORNERSTONE RESEARCH provides economic and financial consulting
and expert testimony in all phases of complex litigation and
regulatory proceedings. We work with a broad network of testifying
experts, including prominent faculty and industry practitioners, in
a distinctive collaboration. Our staff consultants contribute
expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well
as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation process, and a
commitment to produce outstanding results.
Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at
Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more
than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40
nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to
develop team members across all levels.
About the Role
The Senior Director, Accounting is responsible for the overall
accounting operations for the firm, including leading the U.S. and
international accounting, payroll, accounts payable, billing and
collections teams, and overseeing tax, compliance, and external
reporting activities. The Senior Director reviews and improves
procedures, processes, and systems for these areas of
responsibility to ensure accuracy, efficiency and compliance with
all reporting requirements. They are responsible for implementing
and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that
the firm is in compliance with GAAP, all applicable company
policies, and applicable regulations.
How You'll Help Us Be Successful
- Direct the activities of the General Ledger team and ensure
accounting accuracy and timely dissemination of financial reports
including, but not limited to, internal and external financial
- Oversee the annual US and UK audits and implement agreed upon
recommendations resulting from the audit.
- Ensure policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place
to provide assurance that the company assets are protected, and
ensure the integrity of all aspects of firm wide accounting and
- Oversee tax planning and supervise the completion of Federal
and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property,
sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports,
and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists
other departments with tax related issues and reporting.
- Coordinate with outside tax accountants to assure corporate
income tax compliance and accurate and timely completion of all
corporate income tax.
- Identify and improve accounting operations inefficiencies and
solutions to improve accounting.
- Manage the firm's banking.
- Oversee the firm's billing and collections functions, working
with the Senior Manager to ensure timeliness, accuracy and process
- Build strong relationships across the Firm, including with
senior leaders and 25 accounting team members.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA, MBA or Master's degree in Financial Accounting
- Fifteen plus years of progressive accounting and previous
supervisory experience, preferably in a professional services
- Mastery of financial reporting.
- Excellent managerial, communication, and problem solving
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required.
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively
contribute to the team and firm
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and
- Business Acumen: the capability to fully understand the
business and goals of the firm, and the ability to manage the
firm's financial and operational functions
- Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH'S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes
Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research
invests in its people in a number of ways including providing
development opportunities and organizing memorable social events.
To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and
enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or other factors protected by law.
This position will be located in the Menlo Park, CA office.