Full-Time: Senior Lead/Architect, DevOps Engineering
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
KQED is building the future of digital journalism, reimagining
what it means to inspire and engage audiences online and through
emerging technology platforms. Our newly created product division
is building rich digital media experiences that engage audiences
with our award-winning public media content in new and meaningful
ways. We are leading technological innovation within nationwide PBS
and NPR networks as well as informing and enriching the quality of
discussion and debate on the most pressing issues we face locally,
including income inequality, affordable housing, education and the
KQED's Product Engineering team is looking for a Lead DevOps
Engineer who is passionate about raising the technology bar in the
nonprofit world and has a flair for solving complex infrastructure
challenges in the modern media industry. The Lead DevOps Engineer
should not only have the depth of requisite experience and drive to
work on cutting edge technologies, but also be a gifted problem
solver who thrives on challenges. The ideal candidate is someone
who is humble yet passionate and can work in a fast paced Agile
driven, highly collaborative environment where diverse points of
views are a norm.
As a Senior Lead DevOps Engineer/DevOps Architect, the candidate
will be part of the team responsible for building, deploying and
operating our cloud services and content creation & delivery
infrastructure. The candidate will undertake the challenges of
ensuring continual availability of large-scale cloud services &
systems by leveraging and building on modern infrastructure
Responsibilities & Duties
- Envision & conceptualize KQED's cloud infrastructure and lead
design & implementation of the same - working with technologies
like Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Terraform etc.
- Demonstrate active pursuit of Cost Governance of cloud
infrastructure and leadership in conceptualizing policies,
analytics, and best practices.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and actively research, develop
POCs & recommend current and future technologies, tools and
processes around cloud infrastructure, traffic management, CICD
tools, and observability platforms.
- Lead projects to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure
using infrastructure as code philosophy - utilizing Terraform,
Spinnaker, Cloud Run and allied technologies.
- Demonstrate passion, leadership & ownership in building and
integrating security as part of the infrastructure.
- Mentor other team members to define and adopt new or improve
existing processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 12 years or more of experience as DevOps/Site
Reliability Engineer focusing on automating build, test and release
- Expertise in Computer Science Fundamentals - data structures,
algorithms and software fundamentals like SDLC, Computer Networks
architectures and topologies.
- Expertise in containerization platforms like Docker, CRI
- Significant experience in Kubernetes on popular cloud platforms
- GCP, AWS etc. - with a heavy preference on Google Kubernetes
Engine on GCP.
- Deep understanding & experience in CICD tools such as
Spinnaker, Jenkins X, Ansible etc., Spinnaker preferred.
- Deep experience in operationalizing and supporting cloud native
applications on hybrid, multiple cloud platforms like GCP, AWS,
- Expertise in Unix shell scripting preferably in some scripting
languages like Bash, Perl, Python, Go etc.
- Significant experience in creating and maintaining CICD
pipeline for applications based on Java-SpringBoot, NodeJs & React
using Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker and related technologies.
- Significant experience with Log Aggregation tools like Splunk,
Sumo Logic etc.
- Sound knowledge of Agile lifecycle methodologies: Agile, Scrum
- Sound knowledge of source code management systems - like git,
github, bitbucket, etc.
- Ability to mentor other engineers in Lead's area of
- Ability to collaborate and communicate within a cross
Benefits and Perks
Whether you're single, married, have children, are in a domestic
partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees
at KQED enjoy a family friendly workplace with PTO, holidays, paid
parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive
health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with
employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers
training to support personal and professional development. In
addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness
programs as well as free KQED membership.
KQED is a workplace in which civility and respect between and
among all staff are core values. We are an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse
workforce, and we encourage individuals of color, LGBTQ and women
Keywords: KQED, San Francisco , Full-Time: Senior Lead/Architect, DevOps Engineering, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!