Sr Engineering Manager (Machine Learning) - Home ML System
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who We Are: Twitter is looking for an engineering leader to
oversee ML systems and platforms for the Home timeline. Home's
mission is to collect the world's thoughts, conversations, and news
and make it universally accessible to our customers to see and
discuss through state-of-the-art machine learning techniques. Our
ML Systems pillar contributes to this mission through building the
next generation ML systems and architectures to power product and
ML model development.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the ML System pillar under the Home org, driving its
technical strategy and roadmap, and crafting success metrics in
close collaboration with peers across the company.
- Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in an
environment of trust, respect, and inclusion.
- Ensure your teams fully understand the goals and objectives of
Twitter as a company and how their work fits into the bigger
- Support the professional development of managers and engineers
in your teams through coaching, mentorship, and performance
- Own your teams' deliverables and ensure we develop scalable,
highly-available ML infrastructure and platform that enables other
Home teams to experiment and rapidly iterate on products and models
that delight our users and customers.
- Be a source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing
high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- You have a background in machine learning, distributed systems,
offline data pipelines, and/or cloud technologies.
- You have experience in building large-scale distributed systems
in a production environment and are able to contribute to planning
and design discussions.
- You have a collaborative working style with a strong focus on
disciplined execution and results.
- You have experience in managing managers and leading engineers
at all levels and you're skilled at coaching and guiding your
directs through their career development.
- You have a customer and impact focussed mindset in building
- You like to ground decisions in data and reasoning and solve
root causes of problems rather than surface issues.
- You have a sense of urgency, move quickly, and ship
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience; MS or
PhD in machine learning or equivalent work experience a plus.
- 7+ years industry experience, 2+ years in software engineering
management, including managing managers.
- Exposure to large-scale distributed systems, offline data
pipeline, recommendation systems, ML applications in consumer
products. Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, GCP, and
Azure) is a plus.
- Exposure to building products, taking them to market, and
iterating and improving them over time.
Twitter is what's happening and what people are talking about
right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We
believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice
matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not
what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Keywords: Twitter, San Francisco , Sr Engineering Manager (Machine Learning) - Home ML System, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!