Senior Associate, Investment Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we
offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private
business banking and private wealth management. We believe that
personal connections are everything and our success is driven by
the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll
always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of
investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and
insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management
solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including
comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate
planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal
is to understand our clients' unique needs and support them
throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As an Investment Specialist, ideal candidates would have a
passion for investment management, be willing and able to
effectively research, and form opinions on investment strategies
across asset classes. A preference for a core or value driven
approach to equity analysis is also desirable. A candidate will be
analyzing clients' holdings, assessing risk and presenting
recommendations. A candidate will be able to prioritize and manage
multiple responsibilities under pressure while demonstrating sound
judgment and ability to reason.
What you'll do as a Senior Associate, Investment Specialist:
- Follow economic data and developments from markets around the
world, understand FRIM's strategic asset allocation guidelines
- Construct and rebalance client portfolios. Must be able to
propose and implement asset allocation and changes to clients
without supervision. Create and implement strategies to reduce the
risk associated with concentrated restricted positions
- Create plans for minimizing the tax implications associated
with low basis equities
- Prepare targeted presentations that effectively communicate the
team's relevant experience and articulate our added value
- Assist Wealth Manager in completing and presenting proposals,
including gathering data and working closely with the research,
marketing and compliance teams for a timely delivery
- Participate in weekly research calls to understand trends and
identify investment opportunities
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research
- Participate in internal research projects and special client
assignments as needed.
- Manage and take ownership of excel-based templates including
historical performance tables, comp tables, attribution analysis,
and holdings-based analysis
- Research and reconcile performance returns not in line with
- Review portfolio activity and performance reports
- Ability to understand marketing materials and differentiate
between what is appropriate for the client needs
- Research and gather business intelligence to identify
prospective clients and focus opportunities
- Responsible for various reporting including weekly
(performance, asset allocation), quarterly (Client Statements,
Performance, IPS), annual, and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborate with Wealth Managers and the Client Service team on
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department
functions & activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or
assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and
complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations
and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering
(i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank
policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4)
identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer,
and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that
enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of related experience
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses, Insurance licenses
- CFA; Progress through or completion of the CFA curriculum
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
investment principles, strategies, policies, and regulations
applicable to the Investment Management industry
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven self-starter with the ability to think and work
- Effective team management and prioritization capabilities
- Team player willing to help and learn from others
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals;
must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you
willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how
you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and
the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence
to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary
service, empowerment and stability-that's the First Republic way.
Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal
opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable
accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with
disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job
functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the
employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories,
including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent
with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations,
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San
Francisco ban-the-box laws.