Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor's mission is to empower everyone with
the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process
is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end
customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple,
certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse
backgrounds to support the 85,000 customers who have selected us as
a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial
transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow
in new markets.Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity
and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a
tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their
lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into
a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you're passionate
about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we
have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix
About the Role:
Opendoor's entire business is run on data - we use data to power
our proprietary pricing models, make critical business decisions,
and understand our engineering systems. As a senior software
engineer on our analytics team, you will set the technical
direction for how we build and continuously iterate on our
analytics platform to enable a culture of learning. As Opendoor
continues to use data to buy and sell homes, you will ensure that
we have data integrity and systematic monitoring in place to ensure
we make the right decisions. Additionally, as you work with others
to help determine key drivers of business performance, you will
lead our thinking on how to make this knowledge accessible so our
users can focus on the right problems and rapidly evaluate
solutions to them.
As our Sr Software Engineer - Data Platform, you will:
- Developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines and building
out new integrations with external data sources.
- Implementing systems to quantify and monitor data availability,
quality, and stability.
- Partnering with data scientists and product engineers to design
our analytical data models and ensure consistent reporting of
- Performing root cause analysis on data logging and ingestion
processes to identify opportunities to improve instrumentation and
- Working with product managers and business analysts to build
systems for data exploration and consumption.
- Ensuring that all data components are designed and implemented
in compliance with our information security and data privacy
- Applying expert understanding of data processing technologies
to evaluate design tradeoffs.
- Shaping the future of data engineering by establishing best
practices and improving what we do and how we do it.
We are looking for teammates who have:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python and SQL.
- 5+ years of experience working with data pipelines, warehouses,
- Proficiency with schema design and data modeling.
- Fluency with workflow management tools, like Airflow or
- Experience with modern data warehouses, like Snowflake or
- Familiarity with container platforms, like Docker or
- Ability to understand the needs of stakeholders, define
business requirements, and architect systems that will scale and
extend to accommodate them over time.
- History of independently leading cross-functional projects and
prioritizing work based on business impact.
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting
solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and
- Experience working with AWS, microservice architecture,
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the
home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our
website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our
culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about
the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for
dependentsFlexible vacation policyEducational budget to invest in
your career development and growthFitness/Commuter Benefit
stipendGenerous parental leavePaid time off to volunteerPlease note
that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team
members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that
being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better.
Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without
regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected
status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Keywords: Opendoor, San Francisco , Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!