Senior Data Scientist
Company: eHealth, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a
number of locations, across various functions. Come join us
At eHealth, we are passionate about solving our nation's
toughest problems to bring more suitable, accessible, and
affordable health insurance to Americans. We are seeking an
exceptional senior data scientist to join our growing team, which
is developing cutting-edge analytic tools to drive better and
faster decision making within our company and to better serve our
customers. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative
environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop state of the art machine learning models. Iterate to
push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to evaluate and solve
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle from
requirements gathering, data acquisition and preparation,
hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of
data science product.
- Work with business partners to identify opportunities for
- Work closely with engineers to productionize models.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related
- 3+ years of industry experience in building predictive or
descriptive models and the designing the associated metrics to
evaluate these models.
- 3+ years of experience in with a data programming language
(Python, R), and scripting languages (Unix shell) as well as solid
experience with git.
- Experience with experimental design and multivariate
- Mastery of machine learning toolkits and libraries
(Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, etc.).
- Mastery of SQL (Oracle), work experience with distributed
querying (Redshift, Spark SQL) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB).
Nice to Have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a
related quantitative field.
- Experience with Deep Learning
- Experience with AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Experience with machine learning stack optimization.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and
an ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audience
(management, peers, clients).
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our
policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants
and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable
federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is
our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a
bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth
and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a
posted position contact us at:
Keywords: eHealth, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Data Scientist, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!