VP Product Management (1008)
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Groundbreaking advances in synthetic biology achieved at Amyris
allow us to create products that are better and safer for humans
and more sustainable for the planet. The Digital group is charged
with creating connected experiences and back-end services to
catapult our several consumer brands to global significance and
Today, we serve Biossance, Pipette and Purecane. Among other
projects, we are building two new brands that will launch later
this year. We are creating a clean cosmetics line in partnership
with Rosie Huntington-Whitely to launch on a new Rose, Inc.
platform. We are creating a clean hair care brand, JVN Hair, in
partnership with Jonathan Van Ness. We have also announced the
acquisition of Terasana and Costa Brazil.
We seek a talented, experienced, driven Data Scientist to lead a
team of data scientists and data engineers to propel all brands
forward utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and technologies to
deliver actionable consumer insights and astounding user
We seek a talented, experienced, highly motivated software
development professional to lead our Product Management team in
propelling these brands forward.
The successful candidate has demonstrated accomplishments
delivering innovative, high quality web and mobile user experiences
through a combination of intuition, testing, data analysis, and
leveraging established best practices. This candidate has deep
experience translating business requirements into detailed
specifications and testing plans, working with internal and
external engineers to deliver on-target solutions. This person
leads by example, taking on challenging assignments personally and
delegating with great consideration to developing the skills of
more junior team members.
This is a critical position on our group's leadership team,
along with the leaders of Engineering, Software Architecture, Data,
and Technical Operations, reporting to the Amyris Chief Digital
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of product and project
- Provide product development leadership through diligent
analysis, thorough planning, energetic evangelism, smart decision
making, detailed oversight, inspired team management, and friendly
- Continuously quest to make each of our websites better and
better, with your leadership inspiring others to join you on the
- Work cross-functionally to understand and define business cases
and product strategy.
- Write detailed requirements and use cases for new products,
features, enhancements, and other opportunities to accelerate
growth while ensuring stability of our infrastructure.
- Cleverly balance scope, time-to-market and resources to deliver
high quality solutions that optimally meet business goals.
- Evaluate platforms and vendors.
- Identify risks and proactively prepare risk mitigation
- Effectively communicate requirements to engineers.
- Plan sprints and help to allocate resources.
- Assess and validate prototypes and proofs-of-concept.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners and external
vendors to develop, test, launch, validate and refine
- Use your creativity, research, data analysis, and management
skills to unearth issues and opportunities and to find
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and the customer
- Think and speak from the customer viewpoint.
- Use your passion, skills and wisdom to bring our digital
platforms to their full potential in service of the best customer
experience and growth for our brands.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years in product management with 3+ years directly managing
a team of employees
- Bachelor's degree required; focus in Computer Science,
Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on
experience in software development and web technologies.
- Solid understanding of digital technologies and UX
- Motivated self-starter who can manage and prioritize multiple
projects simultaneously with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills with a
willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with
business users, software developers, other cross-functional
co-workers, and outside partners.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with development
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication
- Experience managing remote teams or team members, end user
testing, A/B testing, agile/scrum, project tasking tools (e.g.,
Jira, Monday.com), SQL.
- Experience with DOMO, SFMC, e-commerce platforms (ideally
Shopify), NetSuite a plus.
Keywords: Amyris, San Francisco , VP Product Management (1008), Other , Emeryville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!