IT Support Specialist
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
IT Support Specialist
Segment, now a part of Twilio, is looking for an IT Support
Specialist that is obsessed with the customer experience. This
position will be located in our San Francisco office. As the IT
Support Specialist at Segment, you must be prepared to become a
"jack of all trades" and eventually become a master of a few. At
the most basic level, you will be responsible for providing
hands-on support and general IT services. At the most complex
level, your responsibilities may include exposure to IT project
management, collaboration with Ops & Arch design and
implementation, lifecycle management, inventory control,
monitoring, and vendor collaboration. You will also be working in a
collaborative environment with your new team to help facilitate the
creation of our departmental and system policy directives while
maintaining the highest level of data security. You will be
assisting with maintaining our support knowledge base, provide
technical training and participate in knowledge transfer with your
colleagues. Additionally, as a key member of our technology team,
you will be working closely with Leads from the IT Support and Ops
& Arch pillars.
About The Company
As stated before, Segment is now a part of Twilio! Twilio is a
company that is empowering the world's developers with modern
communication in order to build better applications. Segment.io is
a customer data infrastructure (CDI) platform that collects,
stores, and routes data by collecting and connecting data from
other tools and aggregating the data to monitor performance, inform
decision-making processes, and create uniquely customized user
experiences. With Twilio Segment, You will experience a company
that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded
talent to ensure a full perspective on our customer's experience,
understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that
continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that
empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best versions of
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on, "white glove" service to our entire team
- Troubleshoot issues and provide complete, well-communicated
resolutions to our team and recorded into a knowledge base
- Educate users on best practices for using applications,
- Set up desk and configure accounts and permissions for new
hires and conduct IT orientations
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for IT policies,
procedures, configurations, best practices, etc.
- Manage and maintain relevant documentation such as Software
Development Docs, Knowledge Base articles, etc.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Corporate Systems team to
define and implement solutions to complex issues
- Identify and suggest improvements to processes, applications
- Maintain inventory; this includes computers, mobile devices,
and other IT equipment
Skills & Experience
- CompTIA A + preferred but not required. Certification must be
obtained in the first 3 months of employment.
- 1-2 + years experience in technical support roles.
- Basic to Intermediate Support knowledge of Windows 10.
- Basic to Intermediate Support knowledge of macOS.
- Basic to Intermediate Support knowledge of Google services e.g.
Gmail, Google Groups, Calendar, etc.
- Basic to Intermediate Support knowledge of GSuite
- Basic knowledge with Jamf, Kandji, Workspace ONE, or similar
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory & networking support.
- Basic knowledge of Jira or other ticketing systems.
- Basic knowledge with Okta, One Login, or similar identity
- Basic knowledge with IP Telephony like RingCentral or
- Support collaborative tools such as SLACK, Confluence, Dropbox,
and Google Drive
- Takes pride in documenting procedures e.g troubleshooting
guides and training manuals.
- Working experience in lifecycle management, inventory, and
- Team player, excellent communication, motivated, interested in
further developing skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal
Keywords: Segment, San Francisco , IT Support Specialist, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!