Director - Software Engineering Analytics
Company: The Gap
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy
democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion
at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every
woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic
believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world
to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own
terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make
decisions.Our team is made up of thousands of people across the
globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers,
communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with
audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the GAP Tech organization with a focus on
Supply Chain Product End to End applications, we're looking for a
Director who will manage software development, implementation, and
support efforts across multiple products. This role will closely
engage with and manage engineering staff across multiple DevOps
teams spread across different regions to support the goals and
objectives of the business. The key business partners that will
work closely with this team member are the Product Architect,
Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product Manager, Scrum Master,
and External teams/vendors in order to balance product architecture
and to meet the delivery timeline. As a member of the Product
Engineering group, this role will be the driving force behind
building products and the delivery of multiple, concurrent business
initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technology
platform. You possess deep technical knowledge, years of software
development experience, proven leadership skills, and the ability
to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational
lines to aid us in our Dev Ops transition.
- Serves as application SME for the Retail Supply Chain process
and applies best practices in the Software and Data Engineering and
Analytics field and train others on these practices and
- Partnering is key and complex interactions with Product
Managers, Product Architects and Business Customers, Corporate
functions, executive steering in Discovery and Explore for
defining, analyzing, and estimating the level of effort for
delivering customer's technical requirements.
- Lead external providers in defining technical specifications
and development efforts as appropriate.
- Manages setting up teams from scratch with project budget in
- Demonstrates Software Engineering thought leadership
- Influences across teams and Product Lines
- Creates capacity grows talent, and motivates teams and leaders
under his supervision
- Manages work assignments, approval of timesheets for the
- Setup yearly goals for the individuals, conduct regular
review/feedback sessions and also conduct yearly performance
reviews to complete the appraisal cycle.
- Responsible for the 99.99 uptime of the Products.
Who you are
- Proven Experience in the Design-Implementation-Testing-Support
of Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering and features that
make up the Product/Applications.
- Preferable experience in Retail/Supply Chain systems.
- Manages customer expectations ensuring a balance between
meeting business-stated requirements & design/architecture
principles in a timely manner.
- Expert proficiency in Java/J2EE, SpringBoot, HBase, Phoenix,
Spark, HDInsight, Oozie, Event Queue (RabbitMQ, Kafka), REST/SOAP,
TCP/IP protocols, Microsoft Azure, Databricks or other Cloud
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Minimum 8 years' experience in an Engineering Leadership
position, overall 12+ years of work experience, retail experience
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge
and expertise to mentor team members.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related
brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here:
English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced
merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30%
off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month
to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions
up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to
providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We
are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting
qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment
decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received
numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will
continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of
belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to
Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive
year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality
Index for the second year in a row.
Keywords: The Gap, San Francisco , Director - Software Engineering Analytics, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!