Litigation Support Specialist (Legal Support Administrator/Paralegal)
Company: Cornerstone Research
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH provides economic and financial consulting
and expert testimony in all phases of complex litigation and
regulatory proceedings. We work with a broad network of testifying
experts, including prominent faculty and industry practitioners, in
a distinctive collaboration. Our staff consultants contribute
expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well
as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation process, and a
commitment to produce outstanding results.
Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at
Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more
than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40
nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to
develop team members across all levels.
You'll Love It Here If You
- Are thoughtful and open to learning
- Have a high bar for excellence
- Believe that teamwork leads to success; #onefirmfirm!
- Always do things the right way, even if it's harder
- Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
About the Role
The Litigation Support Specialist's primary responsibility is to
complete billable project work as assigned. This involves
anticipating project needs, managing workload, and producing the
highest quality work in a timely manner. The Litigation Support
Specialist synthesizes materials generated by team members to
produce an error-free, client-ready work product.
We are looking for someone with strong project management, data
analysis, and communication skills who thrives when working in a
collaborative team environment. This position functions as a member
of the Litigation Support Specialist team and a member of a
"cross-project" team. Assignments will be delegated from the
Supervisor of Litigation Support or Senior Litigation Support
Specialist. The working hours for this position will be 9:00am to
6:00pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. Employees may be
required to work overtime with little to no advance notice.
How You'll Help Us Be Successful
- Provides billable casework support in a cross-office network to
effectively complete all assigned projects in a fast-paced,
- Responsible for full lifecycle project management, including
assisting with the process of checking for conflicts, generating
engagement letters, creating correspondence files, and starting the
document tracking process by setting up a document logging
- Creates, organizes, and maintains the administrative structure
for each project (LAN files, Netdocs, "hard" files, document
storage, project set-up, and closure).
- Provides Expert support as it relates to casework.
- Performs typing and/or data entry tasks in the process of
facilitating analyses or creating work product.
- Assists in redacting information and/or metadata from
- Edits, formats, and proofreads text (including tables).
- Creates, organizes, and assembles electronic or hard copy
- Types, assembles, organizes, and formats the team's "final"
work product (usually an affidavit/declaration, report, or
presentation) according to the firm's quality and visual
- Proofs all written material for spelling, grammar, structure,
- Provides back-up administrative support in a cross-office
network to complete all assigned tasks expeditiously and under a
- Handles Document management responsibilities.
- Oversees temporary personnel in typing and data entry
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of directly related experience providing billable
project support in a professional services firm (legal, consulting,
financial, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook) and the ability to learn new applications/tools used
office or firm-wide.
- Ability to anticipate, monitor, and meet the needs of internal
and external clients.
- Experience working on various types of projects from initiation
- Ability to utilize resources effectively, prioritize,
multi-task, and proactively move work forward in a timely
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to
address non-routine or complex problems.
- Superior teamwork skills, with the ability to delegate tasks or
accept additional work as needed.
- Project management experience is a plus.
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively
contribute to the team and firm
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and
- Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm's financial
and operational functions
- Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH'S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes
Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research
invests in its people in a number of ways including providing
development opportunities and organizing memorable social events.
To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and
enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or other factors protected by law.
This position is located in the San Francisco, CA office.
Keywords: Cornerstone Research, San Francisco , Litigation Support Specialist (Legal Support Administrator/Paralegal), Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!