Business Affairs Manager
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job ID: 189469
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105,
United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Your role at Sephora:
As the Business Affairs Manager you will be responsible for
providing the legal and financial expertise function within the
marketing organization. Reporting to the Associate Director of
Business Operations you will partner with cross-functional teams to
improve consistency and effectiveness across all areas of Business
Affairs. In addition you will:
- Be proficient in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Ensure all LVMH and Sephora policies are adhered to.
- Work with internal and external counsel on production, music,
licensing, and rights/clearance matters.
- Track rights renewals and extensions for all content for US and
international teams; collaborate with the Digital Asset Management
team on maintaining this information in a centralized Adobe
- Support budget forecasting, monthly reporting and project
estimation using Smartsheet tools.
- Uncover business opportunities through improvements to
automation, vendor agreements and usage policies.
- Interpret legal requirements through content production and
We're excited about you if you have
- BA/BS degree in marketing or equivalent.
- Negotiation certification a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience in business affairs, or
equivalent experience in content production with an internal
marketing team or agency.
- Strong relationships with production and talent agencies.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Background in content production preferred.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, propose and develop
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage and track
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written
- Strong time management skills; ability to work in a dynamic
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves
- Proficient in contract tools such as Word, Docusign. Smartsheet
You'll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty,
living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate
our differences. We will never stop building a community where
diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are
welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most
talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people
you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive
free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think
your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at
- The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in
the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital
focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the worldwith
the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits,
generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer
Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)and
so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the
largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70
brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San
Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a
headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we
support our stores in providing the best possible experience for
every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by
creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling
storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training,
and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals,
disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the
fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our
laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran
status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical
and mental disabilities. Sephora will consider for employment all
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with applicable law. #LI-SCR
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since
its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Mot
Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in
1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including
its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated
assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup,
skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more.
Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the
Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one
service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail
technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an
international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and
ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier
digital beauty destination.
Keywords: Sephora, San Francisco , Business Affairs Manager, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!