Sr Director, Visa Direct Product Operations
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's
mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable
and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and
economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network,
VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world,
and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a
second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid
growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of
a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from
analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people,
network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives
you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career
growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a
global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers
who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts
of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing
meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce
to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's
transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients
(sending and receiving financial institutions, processors,
merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund
transfers/disbursements to accounts around the world using push
payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications
include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business
transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds
disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The
push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of
payment volume globally.
This role will be responsible for building and managing the
end-point network operations strategy for Visa Direct globally.
This involves advancing the operating model and transforming the
money movement operations for resiliency, agility, and customer
service excellence, through technology, processes, and people.
- Create and deploy the operational infrastructure to process
Visa Direct transactions successfully, through its delivery
lifecycle and to multiple end-points (cards, accounts, wallets)
around the world.
- Define and establish performance-level standards for our
transaction processing, money movement, and technical
- Collaborate with our technology team to drive the build of
foundational tools and technologies incorporating automation,
workflow capabilities and advanced data science.
- Design the work force, processes and standards applying leading
practices to monitor, triage and resolve issues.
- Lead the data aggregation strategy for comprehensive monitoring
including visualization and analysis of leading and lagging
indicators and early warning signals.
- Work with product and technology to improve delivery of new
products in production
- Stand up a high-performing team to continue evolving the
product operations strategy supporting the Visa Direct product and
platform development roadmap (i.e. Settlement Models, Receiver
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years
of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g.
Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with
- 12-15 years of experience in product, operations, risk, and/or
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven leader with a track record for successfully developing
or transforming complex, global operations
- Knowledge of predominant payment schemes in strategic markets,
i.e. ACH, RTP, SWIFT, Cards.
- Willingness to lead by example are discerning about product
quality and obsessed with product impact for clients
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think
creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate
products with evidence of tangible business results.
- Ability to inspire and influence those without direct
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams
- Deep knowledge in electronic payments and digital transaction
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity
to transform payments
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work
independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data
collection, buy-in and strong decision making abilities to elevate
issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Outstanding executive communication skills to develop
presentations and associated summaries
This position will be performed in an office setting. The
position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk,
communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard
office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with
hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to
25% of the time.
Keywords: Visa, San Francisco , Sr Director, Visa Direct Product Operations, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!