Marketing Specialist 3
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery has a long tradition of
major contributions in medical research and education, as well as a
strong commitment to quality clinical care delivery. The Department
is dedicated to expanding the clinical and translational research
efforts related to the fields of cardiology, cardiac surgery,
critical care, anesthesia, imaging, thoracic surgery, thoracic
oncology, and translational science. With an impressive number of
sponsored research studies being conducted by our group at any
given time, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an
enthusiastic, motivated and professional team member. We are
seeking a full time, Marketing Specialist 3 that oversees the
development and implementation of marketing activities for the
organization, enabling programs, services, events and/or products
to meet organizational objectives. Selects, develops and evaluates
a team of staff, as well as the management of outside vendors, to
ensure effective operation.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic marketing plans/programs
to meet business objectives.
- Create and manage the execution of integrated communication
strategy which leverages the brand strategy, incorporating
appropriate channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Define and conduct market research, including competitive
benchmarking, identification of market opportunities, and
campaign/program/service/event analysis. Use the results to make
- Communicate marketing plans across the organization and/or
university to educate and influence stakeholders
- Build partnerships with other school, department, product,
service, program, and event and/or channel managers.
- May oversee event management to support marketing
- Manage key vendor and consultant relationships.
- Scope and manage project/program budget(s).
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff
- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience; or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior
- Extensive knowledge of strategic analysis, customer
segmentation strategies and business and marketing planning.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated marketing strategy and
execution across channels including digital; and print.
- Demonstrated application of market research and data
- Excellent project manager with the ability to manage multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior management.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Marketing Specialist 3, Other , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!