Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Duffy's Napa Valley Treatment is growing and seeking to hire a
Physician's Assistant. Duffy's is located in Calistoga in the
beautiful Napa Valley and has been treating adults with drug and
alcohol addiction for over 50 years. Considered a leader in the
field of drug and alcohol treatment, our compassionate and caring
program provides our clients with the newest advances in
- Competitive salary for the Napa Valley
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Paid time off accruals - vacation, sick, personal
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the
industry alongside Acadia Healthcare.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant or
Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Minimum of 1 years' experience. Preference given to experience
in substance abuse field.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Documented medical diagnostic and therapeutic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Current professional California License
- Current DEA License
- Current CPR certification
- Responsible for securing a medical history and physical from
the patient and identifying normal/abnormal findings. Request
appropriate diagnostic testing. Prescribe medications and
treatments for illnesses in accordance with state regulations.
- Perform Medical Assessment of clients/patients of the facility.
Complete documentation in the medical record accurately and timely
recording all care rendered.
- Complete medical discharge summary timely and within facility
- Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment and counsel
- Provide patient lectures as scheduled, provide patient
education as appropriate.
- Provide emergency services in the absence of the physician,
including primary care for trauma, care/suturing of minor
lacerations, casting/splinting, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation,
control of external hemorrhage and other procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the physician in planning,
instituting, evaluating and revising care plans; assist in
determining conditions, resources and policies essential to the
delivery of health care services.
- May aid in the development and review of facility treatment
philosophy, programs, services and policies for all patients
admitted to his/her care.
- Coordinate patient care activities through ongoing consultation
with the facility leadership team, such as clinical director,
nursing director and medical director.
- Promote compliance with all industry, Medicare and federal or
state licensing standards which relate to the clinical management
of patients admitted to the facility.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all patient/program
matters, in accordance with facility policy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the job,
department, and external regulating bodies or obtain approval for
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, San Francisco , Physician Assistant, Other , Calistoga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!