Mobile App Developer
Company: Silver Rail Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the
world.It's faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air.
With the current climate crisis, it isincreasinglyimportant to put
this mode of transport at theforefront of people's minds. The
trouble is, there's nothing modern about rail's online
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering
the digital infrastructurethat opens up rail to the world! Our
technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA
and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
As a Mobile App Developer, you'll thrive on collaborating with
your peers and participating in the design and development process
with product owners. You'll bring your passion for writing clean,
solid code to highly scalable systems.
The role requires participation in each stage of development
from requirements to final acceptance. You are expected to
participate in all Sprint ceremonies/meetings and strive to ensure
that each new feature matches the Definition of Done.
The team is very collaborative, friendly and improvement
oriented. Having fun while at work is a must! We support a flexible
hybrid working model with a mix of days in the office and at
Key responsibilities and authorities
- The analysis, design, implementation, documentation, and
maintenance of software components, APIs, and integration
- Devising techniques for better modularity, testability,
install-ability and maintainability
- Writing (and reviewing) clean, scalable, readable and
- Mentoring team-members on writing clean, maintainable, secure
code and following best practices to help your team deliver
projects to completion.
- Assisting in the overall architecture and design of mobile and
web applications and B2B APIs, which are utilised by numerous Train
Operating Companies across Europe, USA, Australia and New
Competence and skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent industry
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on work experience.
- Willing to work with Xamarin and preferably has some experience
in this area already
- Willing to work with backend API's and preferably has some
experience in this area already.
- Likes beautiful UI's and working with experienced UX/UI
- Experience in development of cross-platform mobile
applications, related principles and best practices, and/or web
frontend development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About you (and us)
- A self-starter who is hands-on and knows how to find answers
and work with ambiguity.
- Values-driven and practical in your approach.
- Proactive role model and an effective team contributor.
- Collaborative, working to gain the trust of colleagues to
establish healthy relationships based on mutual respect.
- Self-aware and an active learner.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise
and meet deadlines.
- Follow through on your own commitments.
- Comfortable working in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put
our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hardworking, forward thinking team that embraces a
work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We are a fully accredited, flexible working company - https://flexa.careers/companies/silverrail
- We bring together great people that love what they do and
collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation
rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are
revolutionising the way we travel.
- A hybrid working model with a beautiful central Brisbane
office, and the possibility to work from home some days each
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration
in a DevOps Culture.
- Our team's health and wellness is important to us, so we offer
wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package
including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider
ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum
framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe
in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex
problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into
a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly
Come and join our team we are Stronger Together!
Keywords: Silver Rail Technologies, San Francisco , Mobile App Developer, Other , Brisbane, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!