Facilities Maintenance Manager
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 10, 2021
City Experiences is seeking an Island Facilities Manager for our
City Cruises, Alcatraz operation in San Francisco.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on
land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Oversees Alcatraz Island Operations Engineering o Alcatraz
Island from planning through execution and documentation. Ensures
AIS Engineering team members work efficiently, and that their work
is effectively assigned and distributed. The position is
responsible for creating proposals for new projects and acting as a
liaison between Alcatraz Island Services, the National Park
Service, and any subcontractors who might be conducting work.
Regularly provides feedback and information on equipment and job
status to Lead Engineer and Ops Directors. In charge of keeping
operations within best-practice safety standards and RESPECT
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General building maintenance & repair tasks
- Competent electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Predict and meet all department engineering needs including
internal / external audits and contractual requirements
- Interpret laboratory test data, reports summarized results or
issues to management
- Ensure all engineering operations protect the visitors,
cultural and historic resources, and the park.
- Learns new skills and information as needed to problem solve.
Seeks guidance or assistance when necessary.
- Maintains tools & workspace in a clean and operational state.
Performs maintenance on tools when applicable.
- Mastery of pipe, pipefitting, and fluid control systems.
- Ensures all engineering systems stay on or ahead of best
practices maintenance schedules.
- Maintains all department inventories, including tools, parts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure crew's completion of all logs and tasks in a reliable
and accurate manner.
- Ensures safe and proper tool and PPE use and keeps shop and
inventory spaces organized and clean.
- Maintains excellent communication with Lead Engineers.
- Provide on-call support to critical tasks 24 hours a day, be
willing and able to respond in-person and on-site for
- Ensure all staff clock in and out properly and submit PAFs in a
- Collect, organize, document and submit all laboratory test
samples (water, sewage, fuel, coolant and oil).
- Organizes workload in a reliable & effective manner.
- Keeps track of inventory and stock levels, and ensures projects
are not held up due to lack of supplies or materials.Create and
distribute written reports on findings, investigations, and
- Prepare, submit, and execute policies to ensure the smooth and
effective operation of the department.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Functional understanding of electricity and the relevant safe
industry practices for working around it.
- HAZWOPER certificate (40 hours)
- Forklift Certification
- PR & First Aid Certification
- Welding, Brazing, Soldering, metal work experience.
- Advanced working knowledge with computers and aptitude for
- Cloud computing literacy, with competence using all MS
products, including Forms, Flow, Excel, and Adobe.
- Working knowledge of CMMS software is strongly preferred.
- Clean driving record
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City
Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, San Francisco , Facilities Maintenance Manager, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!