Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs,
support local communities and power economies - because we believe
that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the
end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to
100,000 small business owners globally. There's never been a better
time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the
place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win
and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Tech, Data, and Risk" teams. The
drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to
create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Funding Circle Business Managers are quantitative analysts who
can extract meaningful business insights from customer data, and
leverage predictive models to create decision strategies that will
optimize business performance. They support the Risk Management,
Marketing, Capital Markets, Operations, and Finance teams.
This is a strategic role that sits at the heart of value
creation, utilizing leading edge analytics and turning data into
long term competitive advantages.
- Understands business needs and defines analytical frameworks to
facilitate problem-solving, while setting best practices that can
be translated globally
- Recommends optimal business strategies based on historical
performance, predictive analytics, and scenario analysis
- Understands customer motivations and develops actionable
- Can find and apply the robust statistical techniques to improve
A/B testing from test design to analyzing results. Comfortable
working with limited data at times and using judgment
- Can identify the best modeling techniques (such as machine
learning, regression, tree-based) to solve business problems and
can partner with the tech team to implement these algorithms into
- Effective in working with stakeholders outside of the team to
identify hypotheses, structure analysis, recommend solutions, and
- Desire to learn from others and a desire to bring something new
to the team so we can learn from you too!
- Bachelor's degree in Quantitative or Finance related field
required, Masters/PhD preferred
- 5-8 years of experience working with Analytics - 2+ years in
Financial Services lending preferred
- Proficient with analytical tools like Excel VBA, QlikView,
Tableau, R or SAS, Python
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and
- Excellent ability to translate complex problems into clear and
- Open minded, collaborative, great to interact with
- Identification with our Mission, "To build a better financial
- Alignment with our Core Values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be
Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being
driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and
real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new
things, reimagine the stack, and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are
no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits
and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit
teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone
working together to make a genuine difference to small business
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term
commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that
make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.